Does anyone have an EA that Works???? - page 4

zuijlen:
You give your own answer. Check what you called your function. Apparently, you called it SendOrder() which doesn't exist. It should be OrderSend().

Hi,

No, sorry for the cnfusion, the problem is in what i wrote in here on the post.

I use the function OrderSend(). The program is correctly compiled, no wrong function calls.

But when it runs, a warning saying that the OrderSend() functon cant be called from a customer indicator.

So I guess there must be an other format the script must be compiled, probably into an EXPERT ADVISOR I guess. but I tryed also under that formt, but the function seems to dont be even called.

I was just wondering how you guys use the OrderSend() function in your automated systems and under which kind of 'compiled object' you use it.

Thank you

Etts

etts:
Hi,

No, sorry for the cnfusion, the problem is in what i wrote in here on the post.

I use the function OrderSend(). The program is correctly compiled, no wrong function calls.

But when it runs, a warning saying that the OrderSend() functon cant be called from a customer indicator.

So I guess there must be an other format the script must be compiled, probably into an EXPERT ADVISOR I guess. but I tryed also under that formt, but the function seems to dont be even called.

I was just wondering how you guys use the OrderSend() function in your automated systems and under which kind of 'compiled object' you use it.

Thank you

Etts

Hi. It's just as it says, you cannot use 'Ordersend' from an indicator - it must be an EA or script. Likewise, scripts have no access to indicator functions. Therefore, EA's are designed for trading, indicators for implementing analytical functions and scripts for one-off jobs such as converting data etc.

omelette:
Hi. It's just as it says, you cannot use 'Ordersend' from an indicator - it must be an EA or script. Likewise, scripts have no access to indicator functions. Therefore, EA's are designed for trading, indicators for implementing analytical functions and scripts for one-off jobs such as converting data etc.

Hi omelette,

Thank you for help.

So basically I should copy all my code into a new EA, compile it , link to a graph and it should work ?

Because I do so but it doesnt work.

Thank you for other help in case

Etts

etts:
The program is correctly compiled, no wrong function calls.

Etts

Hi etts,

it looks to me that you have your EA in your indicators folder. EAs can only be run from your experts folder.

You should put your EA in your "experts" folder not your "expert/indicator" folder.

testern:
Hi etts,

it looks to me that you have your EA in your indicators folder. EAs can only be run from your experts folder.

You should put your EA in your "experts" folder not your "expert/indicator" folder.

etts, quoting from your post:

This implies (to me) that you are after selected a Type 'Indicator' when you went to write your EA instead of Type 'Expert Advisor'. So MT thinks it should be an indicator and will not let it execute Order functions...

Thanks to all guys.

I will try all your different suggstions and see.

Sounds strange to me also.

Anybody uses already an automated trading system on MT4 24x24 ?

If yes, which broker would you suggest me ?

Etts

first try:

I just open a default EA which comes with basic intallation of mt4 and added on the first line :

int start()

{

ticket=OrderSend(Symbol(),OP_BUY,1,Ask,3,0,Ask+30*Point,"macd sample",16384,0,Green);

But nothing happens. Any idea ?

somebody would mind to put here a simple part of code of his working EA related to the ordersend() funciotn in order to understand what could be ?

Thank you in advance

Etts

Etts

Looks like you have a take profit parameter but not a stop loss parameter, check

the number of parameters against below.

int ticket=OrderSend(Symbol(),OP_BUY,lots,Ask,3,Ask - SL,Ask + TP,"Entered by BUY script",255,0,CLR_NONE);

kkb:
Etts

Looks like you have a take profit parameter but not a stop loss parameter, check

the number of parameters against below.

int ticket=OrderSend(Symbol(),OP_BUY,lots,Ask,3,Ask - SL,Ask + TP,"Entered by BUY script",255,0,CLR_NONE);

Hi kkb

This was good suggestion. Now i have the next probem which i guess is related to the broker.

I get error 4109 which is 'not allowed to trading'...

strange bbecse manually is possible...

i asked northfinance clarification about this

cheers

etts:
Hi kkb

This was good suggestion. Now i have the next probem which i guess is related to the broker.

I get error 4109 which is 'not allowed to trading'...

strange bbecse manually is possible...

i asked northfinance clarification about this

cheers

etts, I think I remember reading that you did not want to disclose the strategy you are trying to code, so rather than posting the same questions in multiple threads, why don't you simply code a simple EA that opens and closes trades and post it here in the forum where someone will look at it and tell you what you're doing wrong. As it is, all you are doing is quoting error messages and asking people for help. All of my EA's work fine with NF etc. so your problem is obviously something trivial...

Reason: