Questions: to start with MetaTrader and forex - page 33

You can see Wikipadia:

... unit in the Indian numbering system equal to one hundred thousand ...

Just search Wikipedia.

why ?I can't see that

Maji:
I believe someone had requested how to do this on MT4 a couple of days back and I did not know the answer then.

While going through some old posts on IBFX's forum, I think I found the answer. If you press F12, then the chart will move forward candle by candle and Shift-F12 will be backward movement.

Hope this helps the member who was looking for the answer.

Good luck.

why ?I can't see that

MetaTrader Broker Name Change

Hi all,

I was out of this forum for a while and now i'm back with a challenging task for which i could find any solution.

The task is to change the Broker Name found in the Help->About box.

I don't want to see any brokers name there. How to do it, I'm deliberately in need of help in the issue.

I do not think that it is the possible, sorry.

Forex Noob

Hello Everyone,

I really like this web site I even learned to use a couple of indicator you have discussed on this forum that works well on the E-mini, TF, NQ and YM which I follow and I would like to also trade the Forex.

I'm such a noob for the Forex market and I had a couple of questions I would like to know which books or website would you recommend to start to learn the forex market.

I know that the brokers on the forex deal in spread like entries and not commissions.

Also I would like to know which are the best brokers to have your account in, for best customer service, signals for ninja trader or other trading software, mini style contract trading?

I would really like to know if the mini currency contracts have good volume to learn how to trade the forex?

Thanks for pointing me in the right direction.

Robinhood69

My only suggestion is,

Don't bother reading threads that state they have a holy grail and 100% return in a bi-monthly basis.

Aside from that, read everything else and you should be on your way.

Thanks Walander,

I will not follow these type of site you mentioned.

I have a system I like to using point and figure charts, price action and multiple contracts that works well for me but I need a bigger size account to trade it in the futures and I think I can use it in the mini lots in the forex.

Thanks,

Robinhood69

1. Ignore Indicators

2. Understand the basic of multi timeframe analysis.

3. Practice diligent and disciplined MM.

4. Open a trade journal, public or private.

5. Practice trading for a month.

6. Review and evaluate your journal, understand your trades and your negative traits.

7. Trade live.

If all fails, start at 1.

Hello Walander,

Thanks for your advice.

Nice thread you started

https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/179026

Thanks,

Robinhood69

New to MT 4, EA help wanted

Hello,

I downloaded MT 4 and it looks like a mountain to climb to learn how to write EAs. Is there a good manual of the language with examples? If someone has time, what is the EA look like to backtest a very simple system like:

-----

condition: close of this bar > close of previous bar

If condition then buy the open of next bar

limit order at entry price + 10 pips

stoploss order at entry price - 10 pips

-----

Thanks

Reason: