Money Management - page 10

MT4 Money management Idea

Below is an Idea I think all MT4 traders would find it interesting. I don't know how to code it. I just paste and copy to make it up.

The green line will be the entry price. All we have to do might be just draging it to where we want. Then we also drag the Red - Stop Loss to our desire price. As we drag the Red line, the lot size should start to calculate and display on the screen - say -0.001 or 0.01 or 0.1 or 1.0 or etc.

1 .When we launch the indicator, we can input the type of account - Standard - mini -micro etc.

2. The amount of our account.

3. Percentage risk

4. Risk ratio

5. The size of the lot display on the screen.

6 Where it should be on the screen

7. The colors of entry/stop loss

Can any Master Programmer be kind enough to explore this idea?

Thanks

Files:

shayantc:
Just want to remind about this indicator Money Management

thanks but

it dosent work for micro & mini!!

Works.

may be not in fully right way ...

But works.

Files:

Position Sizing

Does anyone know of an indicator or money management system that incorporates a volitility measure in the calculation. Perhaps using ATR or simelar to work out your position size. Van K Tharp talks about this is his great book "Trade your way to financial freedom" and it makes sense to include this parameter when determining your max contracts based on the average volitility over the last 14 days.

Could be usefull..!

Good starting deposit

Hello,

I was wondering what someone's personal opinion about a good starting deposit is for beginning trading. Something that would allow anywhere between 2-6 open trades, but would still keep from going over margin?

thanks,

Sean

p.s. I'm interested for both standard and mini-lots.

thanks again.

Sean0:
Hello,

I was wondering what someone's personal opinion about a good starting deposit is for beginning trading. Something that would allow anywhere between 2-6 open trades, but would still keep from going over margin?

thanks,

Sean

thanks again.

My advice is to start with what you can lose and still sleep well.

Moved

Moved to Money Management thread,

Sean0:
Hello,

thanks,

Sean

thanks again.

Obviously you will not be making a living at trading or you would not be asking this question.

With sufficient training and proper exposure and leverage what would you expect to make? How much is your tolerance for losing?...

You can speak in percentages thus answer your own questions...examine your method and then with reverse math...you will find you answer.

Perhaps, if you must risk half of your capital to yield that of a savings account or a CD....your method is wrong

ES

Sean0:
Hello,

thanks,

Sean

thanks again.

SeanO,

Have a look at this MM.

This is a very basic MM from a book by an FX Trader. But any MM is better than none.

This might help you to totally understand what you want to know.

Stick to your Trading rules especially Risk per trade.

Files:
Reason: