AlexmanConcursExpert

I wonder if anyone has tried this EA. I found it on the competition site. Most of the associated writing is in Russian or Chinese, so I'm having difficulty working out how to set it up. I have found out that it's for GBPUSD, H1, but there's a library file with it, that I don't know what to do with. It keeps coming up with this error, but I don't know what it's telling me. Can anybody translate?

FutureMillionaire?:
I wonder if anyone has tried this EA. I found it on the competition site. Most of the associated writing is in Russian or Chinese, so I'm having difficulty working out how to set it up. I have found out that it's for GBPUSD, H1, but there's a library file with it, that I don't know what to do with. It keeps coming up with this error, but I don't know what it's telling me. Can anybody translate?

Your Windows is not supporting russian text so i can not translate. Because it is no a text. It is just some "figures" instead of letters. Nobody can translate it because it was nothing written.

Accoding to the name of this EA (AlexmanConcursExpert) I may recognize that it is russian EA. Because "Concurs" means "Contest" in Russian language. So, it is "contest EA by Alexman".

If you post the original link to this contest webpage with this EA so I may translate it. Or give more information

newdigital:
If you post the original link to this contest webpage with this EA so I may translate it. Or give more information

I found it here...

http://championship.mql4.com/2006/users/alexgomel#comments

Oh ... by the way. It has traded... once.

... and lost !

Ray

Well.

It is some kind of trial version. Because of ex4 library file: this file is giving alert: "Contest was finished, sorry. Further using of this EA is not recommended".

Of course you may ignore this alert because EA is trading/working with no problem. Just an alert ...

newdigital:
Because of ex4 library file: this file is giving alert: "Contest was finished, sorry.

Does that mean that if I take away the library file, I won't get the alert?

The only reason I'm looking at this, is that it seems to have performed well. I've no idea how it works.

FutureMillionaire?:
Does that mean that if I take away the library file, I won't get the alert? The only reason I'm looking at this, is that it seems to have performed well. I've no idea how it works.

There are some author's explanation about how it works on the link you provided. By images.

And I'm affraid that if you take this library file off so EA will not trade.

newdigital:
There are some author's explanation about how it works on the link you provided. By images. And I'm affraid that if you take this library file off so EA will not trade.

Ah, I hadn't looked that far .. as it was all in Russian. That doesn't help. My display doesn't look like that, so I must be missing some indicators. I put the text from that site through a translator, but the resulting English didn't make any sense.

I remember that I have downloaded this EA midterm of the contest. But it didn't backtest very positive. It was not profitable for earlier time periods, years before.

On the link your provided (in Russian) people were doing the following.

They were trying to "recognize" about how his system works. They used everything:

- the author is from Belarus Republic and one guy said that he is from this country as well. It did not work: author did not disclose anything.

- the other guy made big conversation with him trying to make some suggestions about stop loss and trailing stop. He said that trailing stop and stop loss is not good for this system. And finally the author posted this image (attached). I translated this image to the English.

Then author said that he is using 7 pips delta (between price and ema? or between something?) and he is using closed bar only.

Thus, people did not get so much about this system. As author did not want to disclose his system and did not want to sell it. But, at least, they got some general imagination.

Files:
emastop.gif  21 kb

Ah well. Maybe it wasn't such a good idea. I just thought it might be worth looking at, as it did reasonably in the contest.

.... anyway, it's in a trade again .... and losing quite badly

Thanks for looking anyway.

Cheers,

Ray

Reason: