MultixpMA V 1.0.0 - page 2

Just thought of another question:

With this EA, or EA's in general, can you view a template or attach MA's and indicators while running an EA?

Randy

Let's say I want to tiptoe in with this EA and I set StopLoss = 20 and TakeProfit = 20. What would I set CloseMA value to? This would be for a "Signal" system.

Also, if I enter BreakEvenAfterPips = 10, does that mean that once the trade moves 10 pips in my favor I'm guaranteed to make at least 10 pips? Would this also result in being stopped alot for 10 pips and not giving the trade room to get to the 20 pip TP?

LOL Randy. Glad someone likes this, Ralph did a lot of hard work on this and I hope some people could make it better. I gave up because of the endless possibilities. i like it with FXIgors TSR system but you can still get whipsawed if your not careful. So on to your questions..

How do you change values within the .csv file

just open it up with your favorite Office program(excel) and change the appropriate numbers, save and close. The csv is where the MA's are controlled, the other EA settings are done just like any other EA from the EA properties.

With this EA, or EA's in general, can you view a template or attach MA's and indicators while running an EA?

Yes

Let's say I want to tiptoe in with this EA and I set StopLoss = 20 and TakeProfit = 20. What would I set CloseMA value to? This would be for a "Signal" system.

The close ma is the MA that will close the order and has nothing to do with stoploss and take profit. Take your 5/13/62 and make it a signal system. Lets say all MA's are up with a green color. You set the close MA to the first MA you have listed, it would be the 5, so the setting would be 1 for closema, 2 for 13, ect. When the 5MA changes colors and goes south, your order would be closed, if you set it for the 13, the EA would wait for it to turn south to close the order.

Also, if I enter BreakEvenAfterPips = 10, does that mean that once the trade moves 10 pips in my favor I'm guaranteed to make at least 10 pips? Would this also result in being stopped alot for 10 pips and not giving the trade room to get to the 20 pip TP?

No. That means if you set your BE to 10, when the trade is 10 pips in profit your stoploss will be moved to your entry price guaranteeing you will loose no pips, your order will close at entry price.

I see you are new at this game. Be careful with EA's and your money. i would advise reading up on some of the trading basics. i would also look into reliable backtesting. Do a search here for how to backtest, and get some good data from alpari to do it with. I would tell you more on the subject but it is all here just look around a little bit.

I am thinking about releasing the source code as my interests are in other systems right now and I hate for such a valuable EA go to waste. Almost any MA system could be accomplished with it with little modifications if any. If Ralph doesnt have a problem with it, I will do so.

https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/general

Theres backtesting thread.

C.E.O.:
I am thinking about releasing the source code as my interests are in other systems right now and I hate for such a valuable EA go to waste. Almost any MA system could be accomplished with it with little modifications if any. If Ralph doesn't have a problem with it, I will do so.

Hi Chris; yes, that's fine with me.

Settings

Hi, C.E.O

Very good potential EA.

Definitely there is positive results with the cross of XPMAs without much lag..But we tend to loose more trade oppertunities with three MA cross, instead of using only two EMA cross. Third one can be used as additional filter. Can I change the XPMA.cav by deleting the third row.I am getting getting good results with 10 and 24 XPMA cross.

You specified that Defining 0 for CloseMA will equal line one of xpma.csv.

But the first column contains all zeros.Is it OK.

Thanks a lot.

SIDDESH

See big potential, but I am also trying out UniversalMA EA with good results; if it gets RSI filter incorporated it will be very good tool.

My short testing xp with this EA:

First: i loaded up EA and set CSV and it kept crashing my platform. I deleted chart in profiles folder and it went back up. Crash reason: probably cause i deleted line 3 in csv file - maybe:

Second: i reset the CSV with settings (i thnik i got them correct)

MA Close was set at 1.

Regardless of tinkering with above settings, different charts and different TF, the EA would keep saying "No trade condition". Dunno what I did wrong; I think I followed instruction correctly.

I also have been playing with this and no matter what I set the csv file too, it wont open any trades, I don't know whats happening. I get the "no trade condition" as well.

I am really excited to get this too work

Please note that the EA takes its input file "xpma.csv" from either of directories "tester\files" or "experts\files"; the former is used in back testing and the latter in forward runs. This is an MT4 thing: the EA only looks for file "xpma.csv", and MT4 offers the two different directories for testing and forward run.

People never seem to amaze me. Two guys probably spent the last month, if not more, putting together something of great value with their blood, sweat, and tears. They make it available for the public... and not a single note of GD appreciation. Unbelievable.

Nice work gentlemen, and many thanks for your contribution.

MM

Reason: