This is just CRAZY!!!

I haven't been able to reliably login to this forum for over two weeks! I've been very patient about giving the admin a chance to fix the problems, but at this point it's just getting too frustrating. It seems to act differently on just about every computer I try.. on one, it keeps trying to download a file when I try to get to the elite section. On another one, it logs me in but shows someone else's username ?? On this one, I can login OK, but when I try to download the latest version of Firebird, it tells me I'm not logged in - then when I try to log in again (I'm already logged in) it says I need to register

Really, it's time to fix these problems, especially since we are paying for access to this folder. I don't mind waiting for some problems to get fixed, but I'd at least like to know that they are being worked on..

Read this post https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/175957

If the problem still exists so send me a message (PM). Or write here.

This problem only happens when you don't allow cookies in your browser.

Please review cookies permissions in your browser.

If problem continues, please write me a private message or reply to this post.

Best regards.

ZTrader:
I haven't been able to reliably login to this forum for over two weeks! I've been very patient about giving the admin a chance to fix the problems, but at this point it's just getting too frustrating. It seems to act differently on just about every computer I try.. on one, it keeps trying to download a file when I try to get to the elite section. On another one, it logs me in but shows someone else's username ?? On this one, I can login OK, but when I try to download the latest version of Firebird, it tells me I'm not logged in - then when I try to log in again (I'm already logged in) it says I need to register Really, it's time to fix these problems, especially since we are paying for access to this folder. I don't mind waiting for some problems to get fixed, but I'd at least like to know that they are being worked on..

I do allow cookies, but they are automatically cleared (along with the cache and all private data) when the browser is closed, so none of these can be the problem. I've sent the PM...

Same here and it is not a cookie problem.

I've been find a problem too .. even when already logged on. Everything just freezes.

Go away, have a cup of coffee, by the time you get back .. things should be moving again.

I'd just assumed that the forum, being so incredibly popular, was a victim of it's own success .. and was getting overwhelmed with the volume.

Maybe this would help....

http://www.infoworld.com/article/05/03/10/HNcomputerdoublesi_1.html

Money Duck:
Same here and it is not a cookie problem.

It is problem with your cookie, your cache, your proxy server and your configuration of network and outside your computer as well.

I do not have this problem.

Why?

Just my example with my home computer.

- I have computer at home. This computer is connected to internet provider. As I do not know about how my internet provider configures everything in his office (and they will not tell me of course) so I installed proxy server on my home computer.

- I configure proxy server's settings:

no cache for *forex-tsd*;

i defined udername for me and my computer inside proxy server; IP, email, my usernames inside the proxy (not related to our forum!) and so on.

And I do not care about my internet provider's proxy, his cache and so on.

- But some files are storing in temporarily internet folder inside my computer (IE) and sometimes I am "visiting" my yesterday's pages. It is not from internet. It is from my computer. So what to do?

I am deleting those files periodically,

or

define "time to live=0" in IE's settings (means no any files),

or

I re-fresh webpage every time I want to go to the forum. All the pages. Otherwise I will get yesterday's pages.

And some important think is to logout from the forums and emails if pages are opened.

- My son is connected to my home computer. He likes music. He does not want for me to see what he is seeing and I am the same in this case. So I defined his computer, his username in my proxy server, IP and everything. I configure my small network to be safe and he does not have any problems with anything.

When I go to the office I just hope that system admin/network admin or just some guy did the same which I described here. If not - I will have the same problem with you.

When I go to internet cafe and open our forum or any other forum or email and sometimes I open the page which some other person visited one hour ago for example. Once getting it so I am not going to this internet cafe anymore untill they will hire some trained person who will configure their computers in the way I described above.

It is not the problem with our forum. It is the problems with configuration of network of your computer and computers inside some network.

My computer accepts cookies, all cache and other stored data are deleted Automatically after each session. I don't run IE. Nothing has changed on any computer here for months, but this problem popped up a few weeks ago...

How can it be my computer?

ZTrader:
My computer accepts cookies, all cache and other stored data are deleted Automatically after each session. I don't run IE. Nothing has changed on any computer here for months, but this problem popped up a few weeks ago... How can it be my computer?

I just described what I did with my computer to avoid same problems.

I am going to internet cafes often (different cafes) and do not have same problem. I login as everybody same with you and only have just more permissions and it is the only different between my and your membership here.

Did you try the other forums? The same or different?

As I know the new server for the forum will be ready soon.

ZTrader:
My computer accepts cookies, all cache and other stored data are deleted Automatically after each session. I don't run IE. Nothing has changed on any computer here for months, but this problem popped up a few weeks ago... How can it be my computer?

It is automatically for you but not for me. Cookies - yes, but not cache because my cache is related to my proxy server and I only am able to delete it. Don't rely on automatic. Besides I described on this thread about what I did 3 years ago with my home computer and nothing has changed for those 3 years with my small home network configuration. And I don't have this problem.

BTW, the new server is working now and it's very good.

Please type on this thread if you have some problems.

Reason: