Phoenix Setting File Converters - page 4

5.7.3.W uptimisation

I started uptomising 5.7.3.W and some settings are promessing. In particular, the decrease factors. Initially, I did not have very good hope for this feature but it seams to be very powerful in back testing. I will continue and post my settings soon.

Phoenix_5_7_3W

Trailing stop is finally fixed.

This is the best yet.

If you errors on your smallest trades the following code is not foolproof. If you broker doesn't set the values correctly you can still have errors. Then set U_MinLot to the brokers minimum lot allowed using the External variable.

if(U_MinLot==0) U_MinLot = MarketInfo(Symbol(),MODE_MINLOT); //Pcontour 5.7.3

if(U_MaxLot==0) U_MaxLot = MarketInfo(Symbol(),MODE_MAXLOT); //Pcontour 5.7.3

Files:

daraknor:
I'll post the code as 5.7.3 and if I do any work on Phoenix 5 (optimization or otherwise) it will be using this version as the base. Thanks PContour! Do you have a changelog? Should I refer people here for a changelog?

I split off from your code with this wack version that really works the same as 5.7.0 so not really that wacky, with some fixes and enhancements. I don't have a formal change log. I woudl like to follow any format you already have. The changes are documented, via Post 1 and Post 31.

hhsmoney and m6m6 - I'm glad to see you are testing the new features. I hope we see some improvements in the profits. My testing was promising but not expansive enough to draw any firm conclusions.

5.7.3.W uptimisation

Pcontour:
hhsmoney and m6m6 - I'm glad to see you are testing the new features. I hope we see some improvements in the profits. My testing was promising but not expansive enough to draw any firm conclusions.

As I am getting closer to a new setting file for 5.7.3.W, and waiting for the CPU to do another pass, I noticed that the TP and SL settings are not working on uptimisation. The system always uses the original 42 and 84 pips settings. Is there a way to test them as I think it is important to do a serious job with these two settings ?

May be they will work correctly in P6 and I could test those settings then...

m6m6:
As I am getting closer to a new setting file for 5.7.3.W, and waiting for the CPU to do another pass, I noticed that the TP and SL settings are not working on uptimisation. The system always uses the original 42 and 84 pips settings. Is there a way to test them as I think it is important to do a serious job with these two settings ? May be they will work correctly in P6 and I could test those settings then...

Ensure that U_PrefSettings = false.

I don't have access to my computer at the moment. Without your settings file I can only guess.

daraknor:
I agree, decrease factor wasn't working properly and was useless. I hadn't played with it or decided on how I wanted to fix it. I saw what the code was *intended* to do, and wasn't sure it was a good idea. Can we have a DecreaseFactor that is used as a percentage? Something like this:

DecreaseFactor=50

• 0 loss=100% lotsize
  • 1 loss = 50% lotsize
  • 2 loss = 25% lotsize
  • DecreaseFactor=10

• 0 loss = 100% lotsize
  • 1 loss = 90% lotsize
  • 2 loss = 81% lotsize

A value of 100 would stop trading immediately after a loss. Since there isn't a massively increasing lotsize based on wins (only balance changes) a massive DecreaseFactor may not be a good idea. Having a configurable value seems important to me.

Also keep in mind that some brokers round off decimals. A 0.9 lot becomes 0 lot I believe. We need to make the lot sizes decimal safe (I think Phoenix has a global decimal tracking system but I don't remember.)

If we can get something like this, I think that would be worthy of a new release. I was also considering email/screen alerts after 2 consecutive losses.

I came up with those numbers by optimizing. Well not the traditional way. I would allow for 3 factors to be used. We could put it into one string (My settings would have been 802000). Or 3 strings of 2. Your percentage Idea, I find too limiting. I actually tried formulas similar to yours. Things that felt mathematically good and symmetrical in some way. They didn't give the kind of results I wanted. I just stumbled upon the best result. I wanted to float the idea to see if it was any good. I think 3 strings of 2, would lead to best optimization.

The best formula I came across indicates. 1 loss is nothing. 2 losses is a warning, things are deadly ahead, 3 losses stay out totally.

On your other point about partial lots. I think you said If you are trading mode 3 then you should use a micro account so it will use partial lots.

So lets find some common ground and I'll send you some code. I'm not so sure about how to make things lot safe.

Reason: