Help on Developing "The MOTHER of ALL" Trading System - page 3

aegis:
By using disimilar EAs, I doubt you are going to get very many signals, if any. Imagaine an EA designed to peform well during trend and one designed to perform well during range. How often do you think you are going to get the same signal? On top of that, there would be 7 EAs that all need to lineup. I believe too many filters does more harm than good.

That is why I will assign an arbitraty number to each EA. At the beginning the webserver will only record signals from each EA and then record if the EA reach the 20 PIP limit or did it get stopped out. Then I will assign value to each EA, and when the sum of the total value of all the EA's reach a certain score, I will then execute an order. In the future when more forward testing histories are available, I will then look at all winning trades, then trying to see what EA's have predicted the same trades, and put more weight to that combination when I see it in the future. I mean the possibilities are endless when you start to play with statistics. Do you know how to count cards for blackjack? There is a system out there that could do it for you, and what I am doing here is the same thing.

ajk:
I agree with Craig, 60-80% profitable is a good manual trade. Keep adding lots is not that hard... just click the button a few hundred more times. When you have 8-9 in play, you will start to wince or get an upset stomache. I would imagine though, its one of those trades that will only occur once a few times per week and requires an EA to capture. Scalping momentum so to speak. As far as I am concerned, most of the moves I trade in the marketplace occur on volitility breakouts, after a consolidation period, around news times or ema grail trade support--- all of these leave your moving average EA's as well as oscillators playing catchup. If you don't believe it, run your indicator on non farm payroll day. that ought be interesting.

There are lots of EA's out there based on different strategies. I do not plan to use this EA during news times, but I would love to see how some EA's reacts with news. To be honest with you, I have a problem closing a losing trade, specially when I am trading 5 lots at a time. I have lost on one trade over 10K of my own money, and I have decided that I will let my EA do the closing and opening of trades, except for news time, which I still trade myself. Manual trading is for some people who can control their emotions, I have problem with that, and that is why I am searching for the perfect EA. I have found that you can also lose as much money on EA as you do manual trading, and that is why this project come into existence.

I mean guys, having a 60~80% ratio for an EA is great, and don't get me wrong. But what we are doing here in this forum is to improve our ideas, our trading, and our lives. So why settle for the 60~80% when there is a chance that we can improve that? I would settle for a 94%, but hey if we can get to a 90% winning rate is fine by me.

you got pm

neo1001:
The EA's which are already successful and go from there?

I think finding successful EA's will be your biggest problem.

Anyway you don't lack for ambition and I don't want to rain on the parade, so good luck! I think you have taken the biggest step, which is realizing that most of the things people are currently trying are completely futile!

My only question is why you would not just use a Metatrader

Expert indicator from these guys in the elite forum that get 3000 pips per month? Seems like a lot of trouble your going through

Reason: