Coders needed for 2 simples EA (Tools) - page 3

OK. I am not in a hurry. When testing keep in mind that you can create the textfiles by hand, but I think it is better to have some windowsprogram that create those files automatically. I will make that too, if necessary, so keep in mind during testing what functionality that program should have.

.:great:.

Hi Jos.

Firsts Tests and remarks. Thanks 4 your time.

The mechanical run properly...:-) on one or multiple accounts.

First remark :

-------------

When it's open the order...i have a problem.

For example, the actual market price is 1.2950.

In my (BUY) textfile i entered :

EURUSD;1.3200;1;30;30;10

When i start the EA, it's open the BUY order... but in fact i want it open the BUY order only current market price = textfile price (with slippage) (=1.3200 not 1.2950)

Is it possible ?

Second remark :

----------------

Can we append the full path (directory) where is the buy or sell text file ?

I that case i could use x MT4 accounts with only 1 buy or sell text file.

Thanks for coding this part. For the archive content, i need more tests.

Big Cheers....

dswk

At your first remark:

If I can buy it at exactly the price, it is simple. However what should I do when it goes through the price? Adapt the slippage? Accept the difference? Or do you want the EA just to place limitorders? In that case I cannot archive the trade itself.

At your second remark:

I am not sure this is possible, but I will look into it.

BTW: there is another problem. If the EA is running and there is no file, you get each tick an error-message in the "expert"-section. That means your logfiles could become very big. And I have the idea that there is no solution for that.

JosTheelen:
However what should I do when it goes through the price?

Perhaps :

- just a program "loop" awaiting the market price to be equal of the textfile price. (do nothing until textfile price = market price)

JosTheelen:
At your second remark: I am not sure this is possible, but I will look into it.

Ok thanks.

JosTheelen:
there is another problem : error-message in the "expert"-section

We aren't able to *catch* the error message to avoid it to write in the log ?

Many thanks for your time and commitment Jos.

Dswk.

A newer version:

1) It will try to buy/sell when the marketprice moves through the price in the file. However if it is missed because of slippage, you don't have a trade.

2) It is according to the mql-rules impossible to have the files on a different place. Filenames like C:\buysignal.txt or ..\..\buysignal.txt gave errormessages.

3) If the files doesn't exist, it gives a lot of errormessages. However if the symbol in the file is different from the symbol in the chart, it will do nothing. So it doesn;t check on an existing file, but on a correct symbol in the file.

Files:

JosTheelen:
A newer version:

1) It will try to buy/sell when the marketprice moves through the price in the file. However if it is missed because of slippage, you don't have a trade.

2) It is according to the mql-rules impossible to have the files on a different place. Filenames like C:\buysignal.txt or ..\..\buysignal.txt gave errormessages.

3) If the files doesn't exist, it gives a lot of errormessages. However if the symbol in the file is different from the symbol in the chart, it will do nothing. So it doesn;t check on an existing file, but on a correct symbol in the file.

Hi Jos.

Ok i will start test tonight (CET time) and come back to you with my results.

Thanks for your time.

Here are tests i currently run :

Test (A)

1 FTP access on my local PC

3 MT4 accounts with EA Reader

1 batch file (who copy the BUY or SELL text file in the corrects MT folders)

Test (B)

Same as before but replace batch file and FTP access with email client with a rule to copy file.

I would test the capacity to "post" the text in multiaccounts outside my home with FTP or email to execute orders...

I will back with results soon Jos. Thanks again.

Hi...

Ok.

Tests are finally done... sorry 4 delay. buzy on trading ;-)

100% fine EA. Running well with FTP or email rules.

This EA is very useful 4 me as i need MT4 multi-accounts/multi-broker system...

Can we upgrade this EA with one option ?

1 - Create order with a magicnumber but it's must be the same magicnumber for all instances of MT4.

(eg, if i use the EA on 4 MT4, it will open, as it does now, 4 orders. 1 by MT4 instances. But i want the same magicnumber in all the instances.)

--> Can we put this magic order in the buy.txt or sell.txt ?

--> If i put "CLOSEALL#magicnum" in the buy.txt or sell.txt, it will close ONLY orders managed, in all MT4 instances, with this magicnumber.

But not others orders.

I think I can handle that, just adding the magicnumber as last element. However a question, do you need to use buy.txt and sell.txt simultaneous? Maybe I can adapt the EA so it only needs to handle one file, and add something like BUY or SELL as first element.

In that case the first element of the file is always a command (BUY, SELL, CLOSE, STOPLOSS, TAKEPROFIT, etc).

JosTheelen:
I think I can handle that, just adding the magicnumber as last element. However a question, do you need to use buy.txt and sell.txt simultaneous? Maybe I can adapt the EA so it only needs to handle one file, and add something like BUY or SELL as first element. In that case the first element of the file is always a command (BUY, SELL, CLOSE, STOPLOSS, TAKEPROFIT, etc).

Happy to read you again Jos.

Yes, only one text file should be better to manage....

Reason: