Making a point.... - page 2

Giving advice to new traders is fine, but when the same question is asked over and over and over on every thread its infuriating.

Where do I download your expert/indicators?

How do i change the settings, what are the preferred settings?

What pair should I use it on?

How do I get 99% backtest data?

I loaded your EA, and it won't run, please fix it for me...

To me that says two things: 1, that person has not taken enough time to learn how to use Metatrader properly, and 2, that person has not even bothered to read the full thread about the EA in question. And yet somehow they expect to be able to run this EA blindly and rake in the big bucks with little to no effort.

I think we need a newbie section, somewhere where people can learn these basic skills of Metatrader and the basic etiquette of this forum. I would really hate to see everything in this forum turn to private rooms/elite trading sections.

Jesus_irl:

I would recommend Henry Agrippa's Three Books of Occult Philosophy.

I have had amazing success by applying theology from that book into my 4x endeavors. By analyzing the old Characters of the Fixed Stars, Lunar patterns, Geomantic characters, ratios of the Asmodeus statue, and the table of the Twelve Signs, I have been able to make a living off of 4x for 7 years.

Other topics I would suggest:

- Celestial Writing

- The Writing Called Malachim

- The Writing of the Passing of the River

- The History of the Olive Branch

- Magic Squares (specifically those of Saturn, Jupiter and Mars).

- The Sephirothic Tree

Good luck my friend, I hope this can help you the way it has helped me.

I'm Jesus, like irl.

Yes, and this is impressive, give your help. A man of the cloth, yep give me a break. Maybe you should be put in a little room.

The CockeyedCowboy

cockeyedcowboy:
Yes, and this is impressive, give your help. A man of the cloth, yep give me a break. Maybe you should be put in a little room. The CockeyedCowboy

Sorry, let me explain. The original thread creator was asking for input on helpful forex books. I posted an abscure book written by a Renaissance philosopher/mathematician because his studies of the occult revealed alot of connections with Fibonacci's work.

By the way your vast knowledge of Fibonacci is quite inspiring.

cockeyedcowboy:
That is so true. One always sees what they want to see. There is no reason what so ever that Fibo numbers, ratios, levels, etc. have anything to do with the markets. For ever one that you can show that work you can find a dozen that dont. With meny numbers, levels, and ratios you are bound to find one to tell you anything you want. sooner or later.

And were did the 50 and 100 ratios come from or even the 25 and 75. They are not Fib ratios. They are added because they seam to work too. The more the ratios the more chance you have to get it right.

First if I were to say that the multiplication table of 2 has a deep meaning and based in nature. I could give you hundreds of examples, but would that carry over to the market?

multiplication table of 2;

2-4-8-16-32-64-128-256-512-1024-etc...

look do you reconize these in the siences?, like computor sience for example?

What would be the golden ratios with these number sequence?

Can they be used in financial markets, I mean, they are based in sience?

Some seams to think so as the ratios here would be;

25-50-100

They are used already in the markets along with the Fib ratios. Does this give either number secquence any magical meaning?

Let me give you the Cockeyed Numbering Secquence Take any two numbers you want. They can be negitive numbers, positive numbers, hell they can even be the same number, or any combination of positive or negitive numbers the second one can be bigger or smaller then the first and there ratios would be just as good as any Fib ratio in finding turning points. Why??? Go ahead and try it out calculate them just as you would the fib secquence.

Well for those that worked out different combinations of the Cockeyed number sequence and calculated they're ratios, you must be supprized. For those that did not bother, well, you'll never know if my ratios are better then the Fibo ratios.

One last question for those that did the math; Now why did you say Fibonacci numbers and ratios have any magic?

Cheers.

JC

Are you a smarter or even a better trader then Larry Williams? Before your answer that read Mr. Williams views on Fibs. Do your self a favor and do the math.

O, I dont like Kool Aid so fix my with a little Gin instead, an olive would be nice too.

The Cockeyed Cowboy

That's odd, I could have sworn I was commenting on your writing on Fibonacci not your idols. And if Larry William's ideas are anything similar to yours then I'd feel safe in assuming he is a complete idiot.

cockeyedcowboy:
look do you reconize these in the siences?, like computor sience for example?

Some seams to think so as the ratios here would be;

no reason what so ever that Fibo numbers, ratios, levels, etc. have anything to do with the markets.

You have no idea what your talking about, yet you mention some random traders name and leave thinking you have proved a point?

Anything you ever read about forex has big money tied to it. Newbies looking for a thrill / rush hops into it if not for anything else a quick gambling type rush.

They look into it thinking it will be easy. How hard can it be? pop an EA on a chart and away we go. They have little or no concern about all the pitfalls....

all of which must be coded and accounted for in the script... otherwise the reaper will pay a visit.

If the newbie has never traded stock or anyother security then they are in for a long drawn out school lesson. Most people don't have the time to put in to it. It requires alot of attention even if you are trading with an EA.

But having a lot of imbecile posts isn't necessarily a bad thing. At some point these people will either learn how to code / or help out in some other fashion like testing or something else. It's the people that come looking for a free ride and don't put forth an effort to do anything is where all the problems come about.

I run a board myself. A board that is about 90% dead... if it wasn't for me it would be. So I come here to cheer myself up.

Well on the flip side it could be worse I could have this boards problems.

If you've ever heard the expression "It has to get worse before it can get better." That might be applicable in this situation.

C.E.O.:
Now occasionally I had a stoooopid question or missed some info but generally it was all there.

Well, someone had to ask the stupid question .... or it wouldn't have been there!

Jesus_irl:
That's odd, I could have sworn I was commenting on your writing on Fibonacci not your idols. And if Larry William's ideas are anything similar to yours then I'd feel safe in assuming he is a complete idiot. You have no idea what your talking about, yet you mention some random traders name and leave thinking you have proved a point?

Man, I just fell off my horse reading your reply, You must think your really JC himself. You should check yourself in for treatment.

" Random trader ", you really have no experence in trading. Dont you have a cross to carry some were. Your not going to make it trading.

Been nice chatting with you but got to get to business.

Its very clear he does not know who Larry Williams is. A man who has made enough to buy his own Island in the Caribbean. Perhaps when you earn enought trading to pay cash for a new vehicle, you can come to this forum and give advise, so others will give you respect and listen.

1. proceeding, made, or occurring without definite aim, reason, or pattern: - Dictionary.com

I referred to Larry Williams as a random trader because mentioning his name made absolutely no sense. If I start rambling about how you can't play baseball as well as Barry Bonds when we had not mentioned anything about him previously, you would wonder where I was coming from.

I would think that you'd get more insulted from what cockeyedcowboy posts. He's a complete idiot who posts bogus crap about something he knows nothing about and uses Larry William's name to hide behind.

cockeyedcowboy:
Are you a smarter or even a better trader then Larry Williams? Before your answer that read Mr. Williams views on Fibs. Do your self a favor and do the math.

I question cockeyedcowboy's post, he responds by going on about Larry Williams. The only connection I can make would be that he believes his ideas to be Larry William's. Why else would he use his name to defend himself, unless their ideas are similar. So some idiot starts posting "his ideas" in broken English, claims them to be supported by Larry William's and you defend him?

Sounds like some little kid regurgitating everything mommy and daddy say. It's obvious that Mr. Cowboy has never taken any advanced math theory, or has any real understanding of what Fibonacci is. He simply tries to repeat what Larry William's does, and when his ideas are questioned he has no idea how to defend himself, because he doesn't understand what he is talking about.

Reason: