Goblin Bipolar mod H - page 18

I will try.

Give me a day or two.

For Martingale don't need stop loss.

The stop loss is the account margin.

alassio:
That is no stop loss. When you run out of margin, first you can't open new trades any more and afterwards, your trades are closed by your broker, leaving you with a tiny rest of your account. I call this account blowup. Better take a loss from time to time and get the chance to recover ...

You are right but the Martingale method use the lot increment insteed of stop loss.

The disadvantage of the Martingale method is it a very small first lot used for generate profit and very big lot used instead of stop loss.

barnix:
You are right but the Martingale method use the lot increment insteed of stop loss. The disadvantage of the Martingale method is it a very small first lot used for generate profit and very big lot used instead of stop loss.

Hi Barnix,

if you have excelent entry, then can you use reverse martingale.

for example, isakas entry and if loss, close at SL 30pip. if profit, martingale.

idiocy?

barnix,

Could you please let me know how this section of the code affects it's performance??

int OpenOrdersBasedOnClose12()

{

int SignalOrderType = 3;

double diff1=DiffPips*Point;

double Cl2 = iClose(Symbol(),TimeFrame,2);

double Cl1 = iClose(Symbol(),TimeFrame,1);

if(Cl2-diff1 > Cl1)

Thank you,

Nick

Blowout example without stops

barnix:
You are right but the Martingale method use the lot increment insteed of stop loss. The disadvantage of the Martingale method is it a very small first lot used for generate profit and very big lot used instead of stop loss.

To make my point more clear, I have attached an example with your settings, except where FiboProgressionPips=false from Jan-June 2001 backtest.

As you see, it looks absolutely fantastic tripling the account until it blows up.

I am still trying to understand what the differences of the Goblin_Bipolar_modH version to the original Goblin_Bipolar version are. The behaviour seems to be very different. E.g. a lot sequence 0.1, 0.1, 0.4,2.7 is used, which is not Fibonacci although FiboProgressionLots=true. Also there is no explicit take/profit used as in the original version. Changing some parameters only slightly can give you totally different results, which makes it difficult to control.

In the mean time, I have understood how the original Goblin_Bipolar works, but if anybody can explain the differences to this version it would be helpful.

Q about Original Goblin SL

I have a question about how the stoploss is calculated in the original Goblin. It is always much higher than the Initial Stop level. Which raises the question what does the initial stop do?

Greg

aghenry1:
I have a question about how the stoploss is calculated in the original Goblin. It is always much higher than the Initial Stop level. Which raises the question what does the initial stop do? Greg

From looking at the code and studying the orders generated the stop placed for each order is at the same price, which is "first order - max trades * pips + initial stop".

So if I use max trades = 6, pips = 5, initial stop = 10 and the first order opens at 1.5000, the stop for a buy order is 40 pips below at 1.4060.

The last order will be placed at 1.4075, so the stop is always "pips + initial stop" away from your last order.

This is the original Goblin Bipolar version, which gives you always the same loss, provided that max trades is reached and the same lot sizes are used.

barnix:

By the way, again using the same settings this time with FiboProgressionPips = true and an initial stop of 40 is profitable, even with the stop.

I wonder if anybody is still testing this Bipolar-mod EA?

Any blow ups since the last post?

Thanks

Sada

Reason: