Making a living out of FX. Possible? - page 2

i know many who trade for a living but how much they earn is a good question. 1 i know who trade for a living lives in yemen he is among those who earn lowest but he can live for it, with a mini acount .

sailor

sailor:
i know many who trade for a living but how much they earn is a good question. 1 i know who trade for a living lives in yemen he is among those who earn lowest but he can live for it, with a mini acount . sailor

Thanks for your answer! Im not looking for exact salary figures, or any other specific or confidential info. Just wanna know if such people exist.

Diam0nd:
Thanks for your answer! Im not looking for exact salary figures, or any other specific or confidential info. Just wanna know if such people exist.

yo Diamond, such ppl exists. No doubt about that. I would be on my way to 'bet' for a living if not for some unforeseen circumstances.

Trading is possible, but love for money is not enough in this field. Passion does. You have to love everything in trading, else, you will not have the perseverance to go through this tough journey.

Trading for living

hi,

I'm trying to trade for living...but I'm now searching the best proven trading system for my self...it's not a matter how much equity do u have ...it's a matter how much money did u earn a month after month from trading ....stable profit ofcourse

I'm prefer to hear someone who can make a living from trading with just $1000 as an initial deposit ...and it's growing day by day not decreasing

==================

Forex Indicators Collection

maria77:
yo Diamond, such ppl exists. No doubt about that. I would be on my way to 'bet' for a living if not for some unforeseen circumstances. Trading is possible, but love for money is not enough in this field. Passion does. You have to love everything in trading, else, you will not have the perseverance to go through this tough journey.

very true

Well I should hope so, because I've been backtesting an EA on two years of data, turning $5000 imaginary dollars into $25,000 imaginary dollars, trading one or two 100k lots at a time.

SteveBrown:
Well I should hope so, because I've been backtesting an EA on two years of data, turning $5000 imaginary dollars into $25,000 imaginary dollars, trading one or two 100k lots at a time.

Have you tried forward testing in demo? I typically do not care about the backtesting as much since its the live trading in demo which proves its true usefulness. With backtesting, you can make it as great as it can be, its that old joke about accountants, whatever you want 1 + 1 to be..... What EA are you testing if you don't mind my asking?

et_phonehome_2:
Have you tried forward testing in demo? I typically do not care about the backtesting as much since its the live trading in demo which proves its true usefulness. With backtesting, you can make it as great as it can be, its that old joke about accountants, whatever you want 1 + 1 to be..... What EA are you testing if you don't mind my asking?

I programmed the EA myself and I backtested it with 90% modeling quality. The absolute drawdown is only $750 and the maximal drawdown is $1400. That's trading only one 100k lot most of the time, but occasionally two 100k lots. I have not forward tested it on a demo account, but I just opened a real account at Velocity4x and I plan to put my EA, which I named HG08, online Sunday evening and let it run continuously. I have a laptop computer it can run on, which has a Sprint wireless internet connection card (fee $60/month). Because I have not forward tested HG08 in demo, I'm going to set it to trade 10k lots and see how it goes.

SteveBrown:
I programmed the EA myself and I backtested it with 90% modeling quality. The absolute drawdown is only $750 and the maximal drawdown is $1400. That's trading only one 100k lot most of the time, but occasionally two 100k lots. I have not forward tested it on a demo account, but I just opened a real account at Velocity4x and I plan to put my EA, which I named HG08, online Sunday evening and let it run continuously. I have a laptop computer it can run on, which has a Sprint wireless internet connection card (fee $60/month). Because I have not forward tested HG08 in demo, I'm going to set it to trade 10k lots and see how it goes.

You should try it in demo account first [not backtetsing]. If you go live with it, use the 1 cent or $1 PIP [pardon me if I don't know the leverage]. Any how, good luck with it....

et_phonehome_2:
You should try it in demo account first [not backtetsing]. If you go live with it, use the 1 cent or $1 PIP [pardon me if I don't know the leverage]. Any how, good luck with it....

10k lot is $1 per pip. Thanks.

Reason: