ZigZag Channels! - page 7

Bone:
Sorry, I've foregot to delete that stuff. Here's fixed version.

Thanks for good indicator!

I modified the version you posted here to allow multiple channels on one chart, the modified version is attached if anyone is interested. It's quite interesting to see where the channels from different zigzags/peak merge.

edit: Ugh I was too fast.. there is a bug, deinit deletes the lower two times, the other should be upper. Change the other "lower" to "upper"

Files:

mikkom:

I modified the version you posted here to allow multiple channels on one chart, the modified version is attached if anyone is interested. It's quite interesting to see where the channels from different zigzags/peak merge.

edit: Ugh I was too fast.. there is a bug, deinit deletes the lower two times, the other should be upper. Change the other "lower" to "upper"

Hi Mikkom.

Excellent.

Now THAT is what some of my charts looked like when the only (affordable) tools available were a ruler and pencil.

Just wondering if you might be able to allow us to assign different colors to each channel to identify them easier...

Regards,

Hi, Mikkom!

Thie indicator changes its lines after first application on the chart and subsequent switching between timeframes. why?

Thanks!

mikkom:

Files:
aud.gif  62 kb
aud1.gif  61 kb
aud2.gif  60 kb

There is deffenatly something wrong with the ZigZag_AutoChannel.

1st problem as maccavity said when you change between time frames the lines are redrawn but all over the place and the previous ones from the previous time frame stay on the chart but on different places (if you switch between 4 time frames you can have up to 8 lines on your chart).

2nd problem when you place the indicator with the default value on your screen 12,5,3 and you change it while it was already loaded on your chart to for ex. to 40,5,3 the lines will change to an other palce. But if you deleet the indicator and place it back again but give it emmiadiatly 40,5,3 before you place the indicator on your chart the lines will be placed differently.

3rd problem when you remove the indicator from your chart the lines stay on your chart. You need to remove each line manually.

It is an indicator with good potential aspecially for a chartist ( a bit of a the crossing between a demark indicator and hourschannel--trendline channel) but it needs a little bit more tuning so one can easely jump between time frames and drag an drop other pairs on a template that contains this indicator without every time deleeting the indicator then remove the lines manually and place it then back again.

friendly regards...iGoR

I am using the fix version by bone (post 63) which appears to be working fine, I think the amended version by mikkom does not have specific delete instructions in the code for the newly drawn lines and that is why they are staying on screen.

Xard777

GoingForward:
Hi Codersguru.

Nice job with the ZigZagChannels. I have started using it and I think it will definitely help greatly.

The only thing I wanted to ask is if you could incorporate auto Fib levels that would draw with each new wave.

Thanks for your contributions to the profession...

Regards,

Auto Fibs would be great to show the retracement after a new peak is formed. Similar to the Auto-quadrant idea on the earlier post

Auto Fibs

moqual:
Auto Fibs would be great to show the retracement after a new peak is formed. Similar to the Auto-quadrant idea on the earlier post

Hi

I second that. I am using the one I have attached here. It is rather discrete and that is how I like them. I don't care for a whole lot of distracting lines all over my screen. Too taxing on the eyes.

Regards,

Files:

GoingForward:
Hi

I second that. I am using the one I have attached here. It is rather discrete and that is how I like them. I don't care for a whole lot of distracting lines all over my screen. Too taxing on the eyes.

Regards,

Nice one mate. I get what you're saying about too many lines on charts. Can be a real eye-sore at times.

Great job, but is there any way to reverse the the Fib levels? For example, when a new high is made, and a new downtrend starts, it shows the 62Fib level first, is there any way to have the 38Fib level first?

kemmachw:
Do u have Indicator or any EA based on zigzag channel ?

Buy point is when price break previous high and vice versa.

This is the picture in Metastock.

thank you very much in advance.

Kem,

DropShots.com

Reason: