EA Switcher - page 4

dswk:
Niet... NewDigital promised me that stuff for this Xmas

And i'm sure lot of us could help him.

This Adaptive Market EA will help a lot the community.

Imagine, we should have a EA, who react himself and accept to be "plugged" by others EA...

Seems our Xmas present will be full of pips I suggest each of us trows as many ideas as possible here.. like a brain storm. When the EA finally starts getting developed, whoever is coding it will have a lot to filter out, but it will have a lot of good ideas as well (hopefully)

this is a good thread for some ideas..

https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/175692

Thanks for contributions.

Here i start mine. One question is "How to detect a Trending market", here are some interesting approachs...

http://transcripts.fxstreet.com/2005/week25/index.html

http://www.fx-dealer.com/articles/macdtrenddetection.asp

more to come...

newdigital:

You may joke or not, but sorry, I have no choise: I am up in the morning and I do not open MetaTrader: I open the forum. Because it was about 200 messages every morning incl spam and so on (I am only one moderating with no any "clone" but forum is very big). After 2 pm we have a lot of other messages to read, besides i am managing elite section server and so on. And sometimes I open Metatrader at 4 or 5 pm only but it is already too late to trade.

If I want to trade so I need to automate something. Or forget about trading.

And it does not matter how long time we will develop it. 1 month or 1 year. Does not matter.

Yea ! You got the point here !

newdigital:
So I am not sure that it will be ready by Christmas. We may do some very preliminaty templated EA by Christmas (just to see what it that).
sa_trader:
Did we say it was for Xmas 2008?

I want to have some template before New Year. It will not be working EA before New year. It will be just something to understand about what to do. Something just for programmers only written by programmers, not for testing, just to start.

I have no idea about many months we will develop it.

If we are able to implement at least 50% of the ideas so it will be already great!

You may joke or not, but sorry, I have no choise: I am up in the morning and I do not open MetaTrader: I open the forum. Because it was about 200 messages every morning incl spam and so on (I am only one moderating with no any "clone" but forum is very big). After 2 pm we have a lot of other messages to read, besides i am managing elite section server and so on. And sometimes I open Metatrader at 4 or 5 pm only but it is already too late to trade.

If I want to trade so I need to automate something. Or forget about trading. I know that some people are very busy as well and they will be happy to automate at least some routine job and to have something to be summarized (alarm or trading signals for many trading systems for example).

If we will create some EA for BrainTrading system which will give alarm/email/sms for trading signals it will be already very good. Otherwise we need to open 8 charts (4 for H1 and 4 for M15) and to sit near computer the whole day looking on the price movement waiting for some dots or arrows. I did it during the many months with this BrainTrading system. Difficult.

That is why I want to automate something.

And it does not matter how long time we will develop it. 1 month or 1 year. Does not matter.

newdigital:

You have my full support on that That is what i meant with the 2008 joke. No matter if it takes 1 month or 2 years and a month, if we can achieve it or just part of it, it will be great

I have a lot of possible approachs to it (code wise) trying to figure out where to start

sa_trader:
You have my full support on that That is what i meant with the 2008 joke. No matter if it takes 1 month or 2 years and a month, if we can achieve it or just part of it, it will be great I have a lot of possible approachs to it (code wise) trying to figure out where to start

I agree.

As any "project", i would suggest to make a -plan- for development.

Means :

1 - Clearly describe Objectives (collegial decision)

2 - Plan the development by phases

3 - Tests and validations

4 - Share to community

Any objections ?

dswk:
I agree.

As any "project", i would suggest to make a -plan- for development.

Means :

1 - Clearly describe Objectives (collegial decision)

2 - Plan the development by phases

3 - Tests and validations

4 - Share to community

Any objections ?

No objections

1 and 2- Newdigital just did so with his 6-step to happiness post. I have never used the systems he mentioned for forecasting the market so I have a lot of reading on them before even considering writting a line of code.

I will post some usefull codes we need. For example:

- codes for alarm/alert/sound/email/sms;

- codes for all Ichimoku lines and other indicators' codes in EA to estimate flat, breakout, choppy market and so on. We may do the same with other systems (not Ichimoku only) using the same approach. Or, may be, we will change some approach. Just up to us.

- some simple rules/condition for BrainTrading system. And may be other systems and well. Just for trading signals. Any manual trading systems (up to us as well).

- codes to write txt file by EA.

and so on.

So we will have just a template which will be fully understandable for programmers.

But first we need to post some usefull codes to construct our template about what we will have inside.

I am not a coder so I can not program this EA. But we can define something to create something about what we want. Just for programmers.

If we know something so we may insert it inside our template. If we do not know how to program it - so we may write in English by commented text.

Just one thing I don't know yet: how our future EA will "ban" one EA and will activate the other one (as a switcher). I understand that it is something with magic numbers but I don't understand how it may be coded: for example - disactivate EAs with magic numbers 1000, 2000 and so on, and activate EAs with magic 1100, 2300 and so on.

But we may decide about it later on.

Interesting indicator.

May be usefullf or us.

Reason: