Live Testing reports - page 68

daraknor:
There are a few ways to handle "bad trades" in Phoenix 6.

#1 Is the time expiration system. I'm going to test this today and make sure it works really well. The idea is that if the trade doesn't profit in 4 hours, or 8, or 24 hours, then we're really just hanging on for the next big movement to kill us or help us. After a certain period of time, our initial signal has no merit. I think that is fairly true of all systems, but more scary when we have a large SL:TP ratio.

#2 RecrossMax: only allowing the price to cross our open position so many bars before it closes out. This basically means we're caught in a channel and we're waiting on a breakout to exit our trade. I'd rather exit at break even, walk away without a scratch and trade the next reversal.

So we have systems in place for: not fighting a trend, escaping a bad channel, taking a profit on a ranging market, taking a profit on a trending market, increasing lotsize if we expect a S&R line to assist the countertrend, taking least loss (or some profit) if our signal fails us, and systems for taking the most profit out of each winning trade we can (delayed, tight, super expanding trailing stops.)

Now we just need to make sure it works as intended, and then works for profit.

New optimization files I'm working on (and testing code against) for Phoenix 6 are going to be TP=SL. I think that will make for "tighter predictions" in general because it won't allow the system to enter really early and then wait.

All these new ideas are superb. They make me feel more confident about trading with this system in the future. Chimera should just be different entry policies with the rest of the code being the same.

I didn't catch the note by SpinHead, but I won't be looking. The best way to reduce unwelcome behavior is to ignore it.

TS in Chimera

Hi PContour,

Yes this does indeed look promising. I have lingering doubts about the performance of TS in 5.7.2W, however. Could you confirm that it works as follows:

1. When trade is TS into profit, SL moves to Breakeven.

2. With every further pip into profit, SL moves up one pip.

3. If trade profit decreases, SL stays put.

4. TP remains where it was before TS engaged.

(I have the impression that in point 1, SL is really moving to a position TS below Breakeven, which I believe should not be the case.)

If I've got it wrong, could you tell me how it does actually work.

Also, I would be interested to know in which version the scalable TS has been implemented. If it is in 5.7.2W, I wonder if you would mind labelling it differently to avoid confusion. Since 5.7.2 is not otherwise being developed, you might consider just adding a descriptive suffix, i.e., "scalable TS".

Thanks to you and Daraknor and all the testers for their valuable input and suggestions.

one week,Mar 25,2007--Mar 30,2007.

#1 Timeframe: H1

#2 Broker: IBFX

#3 Settings file: optimization

#4 Account: Demo

#5 Version: 5.7.2a

#6 Phoenix mode: 3

#7 Cur : USDJPY, GBPUSD, USDCHF,EURUSD,EURJPY,GBPJPY. MagicNum begin with 3006

#8 Lots: 0.1

#9 Results :

EURUSD: +211$

GBPUSD: +645$

USDCHF: +260$

USDJPY: -372$

EURJPY: 0$

GBPJPY: -67$ Floating: -68 $

Total: +677$, Floating: -68 $ .

Phoenix6 Advanced Beta1 (MagicNum:301010)

2007.03.26 23:06 sell 0.01 usdjpy at 118.17,2007.03.27 14:32 closed at 117.77 ,got +3.40$

Phoenix6 Simple Beta1 (MagicNum:201010)

2007.03.26 23:06 sell 0.28 usdjpy at 118.17,2007.03.27 14:32 closed at117.77 ,got +95.10$

one week,Mar 25,2007--Mar 30,2007.

#1 Timeframe: M15

#2 Broker: IBFX

#3 Settings file: default

#4 Account: Mini live

#5 Version: 5.7.2w

#6 Phoenix mode: 3

#7 Cur : GBPUSD

#8 Lots: 0.5

#9 Results : +262 pips, +131 $

Files:
week1.gif  5 kb
week1.htm  31 kb
snap1.jpg  15 kb

Home work of this week

1 Timeframe: 15min

2 Broker: FXDD

3 Settings file: Defaults

4 Account: Demo

5 Version: 5.7.0

6 Mode: 3 full auto

7 Cur: usdjpy, usdchf, eurjpy, gbpusd

Comments : Grrrrrrrrr.... Started badly... and badly finished... Definitly on P570

GB/US and EUR/JPY are the best... And a bit impatient to switch to P6 coz it's bit frustrating to see guys winning and me... Could be better if I hadn't some problems of Internet/serveur connection.

BTW in my point of view (huuuum!) the lossees of P570 are "normal" and K is not much affected

For now will wait instruction of Darak about switching to P6

Good WE all

Hi,Pcontour,

Did you change the name of latest 5.7.2W to Chimera_v5_7_2_w?Thank you for fixing bug.

Not bad.

5 Version: 6alpha (full auto)

6 Cur: usdchf

5 Version: 6 alpha easy (full auto)

Daraknor & Bertbin: please tell me if everything is ok or do you like I test another version or something? I stay here for help but do you need give some direccion because I am not a "expert" .

You are happy with the global results/evolution?

Thank you again.

wujun122:
Hi,Pcontour, Did you change the name of latest 5.7.2W to Chimera_v5_7_2_w?Thank you for fixing bug.

Chimera is a new name for a trending EA based on Phoenix.

Chimera_v5_7_2_w version is like phoenix with signals 2 and 3 changed to be the opposite. Don't get into it yet. Autumnleaves and I are working on it, with a little help from Daraknor. Later there will be a Chimera 6 too.

I accidentally removed my Phoenix W version by mistake. I have corrected that and It is at this location.

autumnleaves:
Hi PContour,

Yes this does indeed look promising. I have lingering doubts about the performance of TS in 5.7.2W, however. Could you confirm that it works as follows:

1. When trade is TS into profit, SL moves to Breakeven.

2. With every further pip into profit, SL moves up one pip.

3. If trade profit decreases, SL stays put.

4. TP remains where it was before TS engaged.

(I have the impression that in point 1, SL is really moving to a position TS below Breakeven, which I believe should not be the case.)

If I've got it wrong, could you tell me how it does actually work.

Also, I would be interested to know in which version the scalable TS has been implemented. If it is in 5.7.2W, I wonder if you would mind labelling it differently to avoid confusion. Since 5.7.2 is not otherwise being developed, you might consider just adding a descriptive suffix, i.e., "scalable TS".

Thanks to you and Daraknor and all the testers for their valuable input and suggestions.

Quick answers

Have a look at this postin the mean time.

I ran the latest version and see that it is working right.

I think that I didn't post the latest 5.7.2W last time.

Questions

1. Make it kick in at one point in profit. TrailingStop is set TS points below behind the number of points in the profit. If you use break even after pips, it will move the TS up, I would have to experiment to see how those behaviors interact with other (TS and BE after PIPS). I would suggest not using them at the same time.

2. Yes . With every further pip into profit, SL moves up one pip, and so does the TP

3. Yes. If trade profit decreases, SL stays put. Also the TP stays put

4. No. It works like this. Now with a configurable shrinking Trailing Stop. You use the field P_M3_CloseTrade_23, the trailing stop will shrink by 1 for every P_M3_CloseTrade_23 points into the profit that your position moves. If it is set to 5 and you are 45 points in profit then TS is changed to 45 - (45/5) = 36. SL = 45 - 36 = 9 TP = 45 +36 = 81.

Why make a TP an equal number of pips above current price as TS is below point. This is so that if your computer loses it's connection to your broker,the trade will close itself once it hits the TS or the TP.

Why shrink the TS? So that the more points you go into the profit the less pips you leave on the table.

Make sure that the SL or TS is not too tight to make the trade illegal. ( this was the par that broken giving you the malfunctioning TS).

Post 1 under Converters has my latest 5.7.2W code that I just posted. It seems that after my last code change I made an error and didn't post it.

Thanks for posting your live results CashTiger, we all appreciate people speaking up. Glad to see Phoenix is showing profit on real money trades for you.

As for spinhead, he forgot to call me disabled which is a serious reason to be ostracized in Japan.

I hope to release Beta2 tomorrow with a few updates to signals. Chimera is coming along nicely, I'll make the plunge to port it over to P6 codebase as soon as Autumnleaves is happy with the signals.

In testing, the only difference between "Advanced" and "Simple" versions of P6 are the numbers of options available. "Simple" has the most common features, "Advanced" can fully emulate Mode 3 Phoenix5.7.x with a combination of settings I had published.

ejlamarque:

5 Version: 6alpha (full auto)

5 Version: 6 alpha easy (full auto)

Daraknor & Bertbin: please tell me if everything is ok or do you like I test another version or something? I stay here for help but do you need give some direccion because I am not a "expert" .

You are happy with the global results/evolution?

Thank you again.

I don't know about Darak but for me it's ok.

Try also GB/US and EUR/JPY

For me US/YEn is going to hell... Settings ?

Go on... If you see something wrong pls post immediatly

And seems that P6 is a big step forward...

Reason: