Settings Files - page 2

Well in general it might be a good idea to reserve this thread for actual .set files, and not backtesting or optimization results. The concept is that people will have any easy place to check whenever they need a new settings file.

If this is not correct location to post these results, please advise.

Attached are backtest results on North Finance MT4 Strategy Tester. Tick data was downloaded using new download feature in the History Center on Build 200. When trying to download tick data on IBFX, there were data gaps and data stopped at 09/29/2006.

I tested each Mode in Phoenix 5.6.04 as downloaded and with Daraknor suggested code changed + Count_Signal=2. http://www.forexfactory.com/forexforum/showpost.php?p=141935&postcount=901

You can see settings at top of each report.

Date range - 5/1/2006 to 11/17/2006

Deposit - $5,000, Risk 0.1

As downloaded

P5.6.04-Mode1 - Profit 13,997.71 - MD 29.51% - short 64(75%) - long 57(82.6%)

P5.6.04-Mode2 - Profit 47,186.22 - MD 30.22% - short 105(73.08%) - long 103(75.93%)

P5.6.04-Mode3 - Profit 613.16 - MD 41.28% - short 216(60.19%) - long 192(63/54%)

With code change and Signal_Count=2

P5.6.04-Mode1-2 - Profit 2,316.31- MD 42.43% - short 32(53.13%) - long 29(62.07%)

P5.6.04-Mode2-2 - Profit 1,184.47- MD 67.72% - short 84(50%) - long 83(65.06%)

P5.6.04-Mode3-2 - Profit 2,834.33 - MD 26.14% - short 117(46.15%) - long 120(52.50%)

If settings are not correct for comparative testing, please advise.

I'm curious as to how much difference in results between broker MT4 platforms and new build 200 tick data compared to alpari data.

Wackena

Files:

daraknor:
Well in general it might be a good idea to reserve this thread for actual .set files, and not backtesting or optimization results. The concept is that people will have any easy place to check whenever they need a new settings file.

I will repost in Optimization Thread.

is there a way for the message originator to delete a post. If so, I will delete post on this Settings thread.

Wackena

I think only the moderator can, and I'm not sure who has that ability besides the Forex-TSD admins. (probably no one, I don't have moderator access anywhere afaik.)

No worries about misposting, switching to a different organization style has growing pains. As I have said before, the end goal is helping people find things, not trying to make everyone march in a straight line. I am not the kind of person to march in a straight line

My image icon is from a Japanese Anime transhumanist series called Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex. That image is from an elite hacker who fights against corruption and conformity. The text quote is from JD Salinger's book, "Catcher in the Rye" and is applied in a social activism context. "I thought what I'd do was I'd pretend I was one of those deaf-mutes..." Coming from someone who fights to change the world and is capable of destroying governments, the quote had even more meaning. No straight lines from me!!!

I am sorry im really having a hard time going through the hundred and * ever growing pages of the phoenix thread. I found the EA but is there an official settings file (i tried post#1 but the txt file is not there anymore). I would rather not try to optimize it at this time.

sa_trader:
I am sorry im really having a hard time going through the hundred and * ever growing pages of the phoenix thread. I found the EA but is there an official settings file (i tried post#1 but the txt file is not there anymore). I would rather not try to optimize it at this time.

The reason we split up the threads was so it would be easier to find things. The current settings are in the EA, although EURUSD is not ready for real money trades yet. The fundamentals the past week have been hard on the market, and Phoenix has been weathering the strong trends with varying success, but not going broke. To me, that is a sign of a good EA system. Make money when the market does what you want, avoid loosing your gains when it doesn't. The optimization thread has some settings, but the "current" settings that work well and somewhat reliably are built into the EA.

There are a lot of manuals and resources in the FAQ first post you may enjoy if you did not see them already.

new settings for USD/JPY

Here are my new settings for usd/jpy (12.01.2006)

Having settings in one place?

This is just suggestion. Maybe we could keep all BEST settings in one place - like in this attached file.

If you like idea, then please, would you please everyone, who have best settings, add them into this file? (but must be settings which generate pips lol)

We should also start using some (the same) measurements, like percentage gain in the same period of time (3 or 6 months?) maximum drawdown... for easy comparism... So this is something that need to be added at the bottom.

Probably would be good idea, if we would start using the same starting numbers for back testing and optimization, say $5,000 and 3 months or $10,000 and 6 months... Doesn't matter which numbers, but woud be nice if we would start using the same.

Fikko, I think you also have settings with TakeProfit=80; StopSell=80 and TrailingStop=35... but I didn't find it. Also I wouldn't know which setting numbers are the latest/best anyway. Would you please check if these are last/best?

Oligarh/Artemos - settings are the same. I may made mistake taking notes or is this the same person using two different usernames on two different Phoenix msg boards. Anyway, would you 'two' please check and correct numbers if needed.

So if all agree, we could keep using this file and keep adding and editing our best settings and attach it at our last msg. Once we get more data, we can separate settings so each tab would have one pair.

For those who don't have Microsoft Office - Excel, here is good Office and it is free: http://download.openoffice.org/2.0.4/index.html

Just remember, when (if) you use this free OpenOffice, you need to save file as Microsoft Office Excel file (as it is now) or users with Microsoft Office will not be able to open/use it.

Mario

Files:

Excellent initiative, I am hoping to set up Phoenix to automatically filter/adjust settings based on market conditions. That requires #1 detecting market settings and #2 mapping market settings to EA settings.

A related idea (and the results should be stored in this file) should have optimal results gathered over 1 or 2 weeks, and then backtested on the next week. If we make a database of the "best settings" on a week by week basis, we can start to determine what sort of conditions were present as well as A) how often the settings must be changed B) can be adjusted for optimal performance C) over what time frame the data should be gathered.

If PhoenixFund takes off even in a small way, it might be worth it to buy a very fast 2-8 processor machine that continually runs through optimization sets.

Do you not think that any system should be able to work stable in the long run?

Reason: