"Phoenix - FAQ, Stable, User support -Read Post #1" - page 13

ajk:
question. I have 90% history for modeling quality and a test account set up. but I can't get the default settings to backtest on firebird or the new setting. Any idea? i have the and allow live trading.

I only know about Phoenix.

Possibilities.

1. You tying to use a phoenix settings file on Firebird.
  2. You are using a currency that doesn't have any default settings.
  3. You really are using Firebird and the default settings are not expected to run until you change them.

Post to the FAQ thread, for general questions about Phoenix.

Post to a Firebird Forum for Firebird questions.

It is easier to just have an installation with no account, but we should be using the FXDD data they provided and keeping it current by having an FXDD account recording M1 data. With that setup, you wouldn't need a separate installation for history files. Better to test using the broker data you would trade with anyway.

Hi

ver 5_7_0 contain this note:

//If you run two copies of Phoenix on one account, modify Magic numbers on one EA.

What does it mean?

I use 5 pairs on one account whith Phoenix.

Does it mean that i use 5 copy of Phoenix and do i need modify Magic numbers?

you only need to modify the magic number if you run multiple currencies of the same kind on the same account, eg. if you run GBPUSD twice with different settings on the same account you would have to have different magic numbers. otherwise phoenix wouldn't know which is which.

hope this helps

AZBOfin

AZBOfin:
you only need to modify the magic number if you run multiple currencies of the same kind on the same account, eg. if you run GBPUSD twice with different settings on the same account you would have to have different magic numbers. otherwise phoenix wouldn't know which is which.

hope this helps

AZBOfin

Thanks AZBOfin.

it is clear now...

daraknor:
It is easier to just have an installation with no account, but we should be using the FXDD data they provided and keeping it current by having an FXDD account recording M1 data. With that setup, you wouldn't need a separate installation for history files. Better to test using the broker data you would trade with anyway.

We should update the optimization guide to reflect what you are saying.

The OPT Guide suggests two years of back data. What about that.? Exactly what should we do? I have loaded all that back data to a test account, already. Can we download all that data, then sign-up for FXDD, and thereby merge the two going forward? Why does the optimization guide say get your data and then don't connect again. I think it's because, you don't want to compare apples and oranges when you are comparing code changes.

Maybe we need to do what the document says for comparing the effectiveness of coding changes but do what you are saying for the optimization strategy.

What do you think about that?

Hi colleagues,

suggest please, what minimal deposit I need to have to begin with Phoenix?

p.s. I don't mean miniforex.

Thanks.

serhio:
Hi colleagues,

Thanks.

This depends on the minimum deposit of the broker you select. I, myself, use FXDD. I don't know the minimum but I think +/- 500$ to start. If you open an account, do it in a mini at 100/1 ratio even if the amount is large. This way Phoenix will be able to place partial lots to respect your money management rules. For example, if Pheonix try to open a 3.2 lot, the regular account will allow only 3 lots and a mini 3.2 lots.

In any case, this community would appreciate you open an account with FXDD with Phoenix Fund is the Introducing Broker. This way, Phoenix Fund will get a small commission on every trade. You can read more in the Phoenix Fund threads. Thank you in advance for considering...

serhio:
Hi colleagues,

Thanks.

somebody told me you shouldn't open a standart account with less than 20K.

in other words, if you don't have at least 20k, mini-forex is the right choice of account.

AZBOfin

Reason: