Phoenix - Development+Suggestions - MQ4 in Post#1 - page 44

mallet52:
Just had a look at my experts folder in FXCM ac and it's coming up with

phoenix_ea_v5_6_03EURJPY,mi15 Error Ordersend(130)

anyone know if this may be the problem and or how to fix it?

Error 130 is invalid stops. Means your TP or SL is to close. Try making them bigger and see if that fixes the problem.

jturns23:
Error 130 is invalid stops. Means your TP or SL is to close. Try making them bigger and see if that fixes the problem.

Thanks Jturns23,I tried a few different settings but it didn't fix the problem,

I think it maybe that the ea is not coded for a 5 digit broker,anyone know how to change this,or somone able to make a version that accepts a 5 digit broker?

Phoenix - Onwards

daraknor:
if you look at the first post in this thread you will see the most current version of Phoenix. I recommend P6 Released.mq4. The settings are somewhat fragile, but USDCHF M15 seems to be working right now. I advise against Alpari since they regularly hit stop losses. FXDD appears to be more reputable. Many people swear by IBFX, many people swear at them. Don't believe the "no dealer desk" claim by IBFX, they outsource that job to their liquidity provider and holder of the MT4 license: FXLQ. IBFX is just a white label, and so is Velocity FX.

Probably said before, but I would like to commend once again, all those including daraknor for their generosity and hard work in getting this application working satisfactorily - well done to you all.

shipdit

Pip Hop

I am getting an "Order Error 130" message with my ECN also. They told me that the code has to be changed to accomodate ECN ordering. I hope it will be possible for someone to make those changes.

EXIT MNGMT long VS short?

Does any one have any insight as to why-

in phoenix V6xxx-

The settings BE_SL & BE_Profit, alter the stop to break even (or profit (BE_PROFIT)), as well as change the TP level as the price moves, when applied to LONG POSITIONS....

But seem to do NOTHING when applied to SHORT POSITIONS?

ALso, why does BE_SL & BE_Profit effect a changing TP?

why is it that i see nothing at all happen when i do a backtest of this ea? (v6) not even in the journal section or report?

thx in advance

FXCM OrderSend (130) issue

I am having the same issue with FXCM. I called helpdesk. They told me that my script (Phoenix 5.xx) is sending order with stoploss and T/P which is causing the problem. They recommend me to make changes in the script in such a way that, it would only send the market order without S/L and T/P and later on send modification.and add S/L and T/P orders to the same open position. My problem is that I am still learning MQL language and don't know how to make changes in Phoenix!

I made 362 pip this week between Dec 14-Dec 18 through Phoenix in Alpari's Demo. I want to move to Live but unfortunately, I am UNABLE to do it.. For those who want to see the pips, go go gkaya.mt4live.com and filter Dec 14-18. Ignore small pip gains and losses as they was trying to make changes in the Script and it run crazy and took positions automatically frantically. So, I stopped them with tiny losses or gains.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Cheers and Merry Christmas,

GK

Instant execution vs Pending Order with Phoenix v5x

One thing I forgot to add to my previous message below: To FXCM's credit, if you try to open "NEW ORDER" in MT4 as "INSTANT EXECUTION, You will NOT see S/L and T/P listed there. However, if you switch to "PENDING ORDER" then, you will see S/L and T/P is allowed. So, I am inclined to think that, what they are telling me is probably right. Any ideas?

gkaya:
I am having the same issue with FXCM. I called helpdesk. They told me that my script (Phoenix 5.xx) is sending order with stoploss and T/P which is causing the problem. They recommend me to make changes in the script in such a way that, it would only send the market order without S/L and T/P and later on send modification.and add S/L and T/P orders to the same open position. My problem is that I am still learning MQL language and don't know how to make changes in Phoenix!

I made 362 pip this week between Dec 14-Dec 18 through Phoenix in Alpari's Demo. I want to move to Live but unfortunately, I am UNABLE to do it.. For those who want to see the pips, go go gkaya.mt4live.com and filter Dec 14-18. Ignore small pip gains and losses as they was trying to make changes in the Script and it run crazy and took positions automatically frantically. So, I stopped them with tiny losses or gains.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Cheers and Merry Christmas,

GK

Demo vs Live MT4 Market Execution difference

Here are the images that support my view.Alpari account is demo and Phoenix works fine but FXCM and WSD MT4 are not allowing me to enter S/L and T/P info along with Market Execution...but only after I execute order they allow.

I requested WSD to make changes and will keep you posted if that was the case.

gkaya:
One thing I forgot to add to my previous message below: To FXCM's credit, if you try to open "NEW ORDER" in MT4 as "INSTANT EXECUTION, You will NOT see S/L and T/P listed there. However, if you switch to "PENDING ORDER" then, you will see S/L and T/P is allowed. So, I am inclined to think that, what they are telling me is probably right. Any ideas?
Files:
demo_alpari.jpg  56 kb
wsd.jpg  52 kb

well i have an alpari demo but it wont work on it either.... someone can help us please? thank you in advance

Reason: