Stream MT4 data into excel

Hi

I know how to stream MT4 data into excel

My question is it possible to stream data from 5 or more MT4 brokers into the same excel spread sheet?

thanks

smotty:
Hi

I know how to stream MT4 data into excel

My question is it possible to stream data from 5 or more MT4 brokers into the same excel spread sheet?

thanks

You will use 5 instances of MT and you have to rename every MT.exe with a unique name! I'm not sure it'll work but give it a try!

thanks cg will give it a try and let you know

DDE for Excel (2003) data is not running!

Hi smotty,

What broker are you using? Using Alpari and MIG (both demo, Build 208 and 210; my OS is

MS Windows-XP SP2) I could not get any quotations when using DDE (Enable DDE server is checked at >MT4>Tools>Server) even for DDE Sample.xls file. Excel stalls!

Thanx,

Carlos

MT4 data to Excel

Can you please help me to get live MT4 data into Excel- i need the open, high, low and close to dynamic update in excel from my day chart.

Very simple. Start-up MT4, open an Excel spreadsheet and type this into a cell:

=MT4|bid!EURUSD

Instead of "bid", you can also put:

ask, open, close, high, low & volume

And of course, instead of EURUSD you can put whichever pair is your favourite.

A fun thing to do is take usdjpy, gbpusd and gbpjpy. Manually input a 1st column where you insert the opening price of each. Then, have the data for the 3 on screen updating in real time as in the example above in a second column. Have a third column calculate the difference. And finally, insert a graph using the data in your 3rd column and have fun watching when usdjpy and gbpusd go up, how much gbpjpy goes up etc. I tried developing a strategy around this some time ago, I'm sure there's something we could do with this.

nb: my example here isn't really good because I just took this pic at market open and gbpjpy is currently experiencing a giant gap down (which should close, but that's a COMPLETELY different strategy in itself).

Now, as for the original question, I am curious to know why you would like to import data from 5 different brokers ??? Hmmmmm, I wonder what you have in mind

Hope this helps,

Ms_Mel

Well, using the =MT4|bid!EURUSD command and enabling the DDE function we can receive the data in real time.

But is it possible to retrieve the historical data (OHLC) plus the corresponding indicator (any) value also in a spreadsheet?

The history centre of MT4 will give us the OHLC and the Volume figures on a daily chart. But is it possible to exclude the volume and replace it with any indicator of our choice?

Thanks.

I don't understand how it works, could anybody explain me?

I tried it in excel, but it asks for start the aplication "MT4.exe" which obviously doesn't find, the application is named "terminal.exe" but didn't work either. I tried to write the path too, but doesn't work.

Sorry, I already find out how it works.

I missed to enable DDE in Metatrader, I was thinking it might be enable in excel.

NOw is working.

Thanks!

Sorry to bother you, two questions:

1. How can I differ between (for example) low of 1h, 15 m, 1m. etc.?

2. I get error with open and close.

To takechance: Help in Metatrader states that:

"Attention: History Data cannot be exported through DDE protocol. The current quotes are exported only when the client terminal is online."

takechance:
well, using the =mt4|bid!eurusd command and enabling the dde function we can receive the data in real time.

But is it possible to retrieve the historical data (ohlc) plus the corresponding indicator (any) value also in a spreadsheet?

The history centre of mt4 will give us the ohlc and the volume figures on a daily chart. But is it possible to exclude the volume and replace it with any indicator of our choice?

Thanks.

any answer for my question?

Reason: