Custom time frame

Hi,

Is anyone knows how to create custom timeframe in MT4? There is default time frame such as M1, M5, M15, M30, H1, H4 and so on.

But I wonder if there is a way to create M120 or H2, for instance. Any suggestion is very much appreciated.

Have a nice day

Hi, if you need 2H Time frame

1. Open 1H timeframe

2. go to navigator/scripts

3. open Period_Converter script and set ExtPeriodMultiplier to 2

4. minimize 1H chart

5 go to File/Open offline and find 2H timeframe

Thanks a lot, I have tried it and it works. But can we create online/real time instead of offline chart?

mikono:
Thanks a lot, I have tried it and it works. But can we create online/real time instead of offline chart?

Hi,

Thanks to some very clever coding by some other fellow, there is one through which you can have live custom time frames. It and all the instructions to use it is at this site: https://www.mql5.com/en/code/mt4/indicators/277/

Regards,

FX Sniper

Thank you very very much ... !! This is what I have been looking for

GBU

FX_Sniper:
Hi,

Thanks to some very clever coding by some other fellow, there is one through which you can have live custom time frames. It and all the instructions to use it is at this site: https://www.mql5.com/en/code/mt4/indicators/277/

Regards,

FX Sniper

Thanks a lot for the reference Fx_Sniper - Have it up and running now - I have been searching for this feature for ages, I could never get any committment out of metaquotes for a base code change.

Regards,

Nigel

:D

No worries, when I stumbled upon it, I was quit glad also, I love the 10min charts.

Best wishes,

FX Sniper

FX_Sniper:
:D

No worries, when I stumbled upon it, I was quit glad also, I love the 10min charts.

Best wishes,

FX Sniper

Oh yes , I am loving this 10m timeframe, also now running H2 - specifically much more clarity now with my volume related trend reversal studies - cannot thank you enough - important information for me - another reason to support forex-tsd !

Regards

Invaluable information, thanks again!

I'm setting up silvertrend and silvertrend_signal on H2 and H8, previously H4 and D1. I got early signal on H2 and now much better confirmation on H8. No more lagging signal & confirmation

mikono:
Invaluable information, thanks again! I'm setting up silvertrend and silvertrend_signal on H2 and H8, previously H4 and D1. I got early signal on H2 and now much better confirmation on H8. No more lagging signal & confirmation

this is great! i was looking for something like this too.

hm..if they can do this...how about an indicator that can change the start of a timeframe...i.e. lets say i want my daily periods to start at the eurosession, but my server always starts at GMT

thinking about it...wow i didnt now know metatrader had this type of power!

ideally you would be able to feed any data you want into metatrader. as long as you are not a minute scalper, this could work out nice.

for example, if you had a program that got hourly price data from your brokers's datafeed or maybe yahoo, whatever and then you had that application write to file the price/volume data.

then you had an app similar to this one that would periodically read from file!

Reason: