XP Moving Average! - page 6

Done Sir!

tomstaufer:
Codersguru, Could you add Juriks MA as an option ?

Done sir!

Please go to www.xpworx.com and update your version of xpMA !

codersguru:
Done sir! Please go to www.xpworx.com and update your version of xpMA !

Unbelievable !!!

tomstaufer:
Unbelievable !!!

Thanks !Note: To useJMA set MA_Type to 7!

Enjoy!

100 pips !!!

100 pips archived only in EURO/US from yesterday until today !!!

AWESOME !!!

TKS. CODERSGURU !!!

fxnewbie:

AWESOME !!!

TKS. CODERSGURU !!!

Fxnewbie, can you share your system with us? I undertand you are trading with 3 XPMA indicators on your chart using hourly charts. Do you use a stop loss and take profit target?

Thank you.

But mikejody, the fact that it has generated over 200 pips in October on 1 currency pair is surely good news, no? At the moment I'm losing pips!!!

Also, which pairing, and which TF did you test this on?

Thanks.

fx_geezer

XPMA system

fxnewbie:

AWESOME !!!

TKS. CODERSGURU !!!

Please share your settings.

Thank you !

fx_geezer:
But mikejody, the fact that it has generated over 200 pips in October on 1 currency pair is surely good news, no? At the moment I'm losing pips!!!

Also, which pairing, and which TF did you test this on?

Thanks.

fx_geezer

Hi fx_geezer, yes being up 200 pips in October is great! However, consider that moving averages, as a trading "system" often take many losses when the markets consolidate, and then make their profits in the trends. This makes for a not-so-good equity curve as it shows many losses followed by a big winner. In other words, profitability of a moving average system depends upon large moves, which only come about 30% of the time. Indeed, October was down by several hundred pips before the final move of the month, which is not a comfortable place to be usually.

I tested this indicator on the 4H time frame, GBP/USD only. I am also going to test it with different settings as well, and may post the results here if anyone is interested.

Nice one Mike.

Yeah, I'll defo be interested in some of your results dude.

Also, I've backtested this on the H1 TF for USD/CHF for October, and it's done very well. Check it out!

Anyone else have any trading idea's for these? Maybe using some kind of filter?

Reason: