11th MetaTrader platform freezes

CAn anyone tell me why after loading 10 meta-trader platforms, the 11th platform doesn't work anymore. It wither freezes or "no connection". Something to do with bandwidth? Or perhaps that is the limit the Brokers set out...

Thanks in advance

try renaming each one like term1 term2 term3 if that solves the problem you will have to rename them every update as the update will download to terminal.exe right beside your older file

lowphat:
try renaming each one like term1 term2 term3 if that solves the problem you will have to rename them every update as the update will download to terminal.exe right beside your older file

My Platforms have all been renamed previously. The problem still exist...

LazyForex:
CAn anyone tell me why after loading 10 meta-trader platforms, the 11th platform doesn't work anymore. It wither freezes or "no connection". Something to do with bandwidth? Or perhaps that is the limit the Brokers set out... Thanks in advance

Check your PC resource (RAM). Maybe is full.

LazyForex:
CAn anyone tell me why after loading 10 meta-trader platforms, the 11th platform doesn't work anymore. It wither freezes or "no connection". Something to do with bandwidth? Or perhaps that is the limit the Brokers set out... Thanks in advance

I have the same problem but my number is 7. If I have 6 copies of Alpari MetaTrader - so it's ok. But 7th copy is freezing all the Alpari Metatraders.

And I do not have this problem with North Finance: I have 15 or 18 copies and it's ok. And it's ok with Fibo Group.

Alpari only.

I don't know why.

bandwith

LazyForex:

Hi,

In my opinion:

Did u load your MT with different broker ?

if yes maybe your PC resource is overload

If you loading 11th MT4 with same broker

there're 2 possibilities :

- Your PC resource is overload

- The broker itself has limited MT4 connection from same IP address

to keep server bandwith stable

===================

Forex Indicators Collection

prasxz:
Hi,

In my opinion:

Did u load your MT with different broker ?

if yes maybe your PC resource is overload

If you loading 11th MT4 with same broker

there're 2 possibilities :

- Your PC resource is overload

- The broker itself has limited MT4 connection from same IP address

to keep server bandwith stable

===================

Forex Indicators Collection

I got a reply from my broker stating that they dont limit the numbers and it could be due to bandwidth problem. Another "expert' says it has nothing to do with bandwidth. So who is right? Perhaps its Metaquotes' problem. I have not received any reply since asking metaquotes about it...

But I am glad I am not the only one having this problem:)

the answer to this problem

Hi lazyforex

I have the same problem, but mine freezes after only 3 the 4th to 6th are frozen. It has nothing to do with the brokers, it is to do with the last upgrade 198, but i have the answer to it. All you do is reinstall the 197 software again and just don't upgrade when promted to do. then all the platforms that you want to open will do so with no problem. well this works for me lol

Windows XP

Windows XP only allow 10 TCP session concurrently. Update windows XP to Service pack 2 & run all the latest updates. This should fix part of your problem. If using XP 64bit, this problem does not exist.

Jorgka

this is not the case

jorgka:
Windows XP only allow 10 TCP session concurrently. Update windows XP to Service pack 2 & run all the latest updates. This should fix part of your problem. If using XP 64bit, this problem does not exist. Jorgka

I am already using the updated version of windows xp with service pack 2. before the metatrader upgrade of 198 it was running fine. i think you will find that most of these problems have started since the upgrade of 198.

JTH

Reason: