11th MetaTrader platform freezes - page 2

Ok. Lets summarize the potential problem and the potential solutions...

lowphat:

Renaming the terminal may solve the problem - Already tried but still face similiar problem

kohzadi:

Perhaps due to PC Resources like RAM - I am using 4-gig ram.

newdigital:

Brokers problem because different brokers different numbers

prasxz:

Same as newdigital and cited reasons like Broker may want to keep server bandwidth stable.

Linuxser:

Agrees with newdigital. Also suggested using the DataCenter to connect many terminals to the same broker. In that way we reduce open ports connected directly to the broker server. Also mention the number max allowed can change from one pc another. It depends on how the CPU allocate the process, the memory, etc How do you do that?

Jth:

Mentions nothing to do with brokers, it is to do with the last upgrade 198, and suggested reinstalling the 197 software again and don't upgrade when promted to do. It worked for him..hmmm, may try that. How many platforms did you max?

jorgka:

Suggested updating to windows sp to service pack 2 & run all the latest updates since windows xp only allow 10 TCP session concurrently. Jth is already using the updated version of windows xp with service pack 2. but the problem exist and insist most of these problems have started since the upgrade of 198.

Thanks guys!

LazyForex:

lowphat:

Renaming the terminal may solve the problem - Already tried but still face similiar problem

You can rename the terminal to avoid the restriction of have more than one terminal open. I guess the restriction comes because MT needs to read/write data and if you have 2 terminals or more doing the same in the same directory the terminals would be fighting one to other. And you obtain data corruption, incorrect data, missing data, etc.

The exe it´s the same.

kohzadi: Perhaps due to PC Resources like RAM - I am using 4-gig ram.

Windows can use the hard disk to store information you don´t need to acces inmediately or because the ram is not enough, that´s why the swap exists.

The problem is how Windows are allocating the program into the memory addresses.

4 gigas for XP are not usefull unless you do some tweaks.

newdigital: Brokers problem because different brokers different numbers
prasxz: Same as newdigital and cited reasons like Broker may want to keep server bandwidth stable.
Linuxser: Agrees with newdigital. Also suggested using the DataCenter to connect many terminals to the same broker. In that way we reduce open ports connected directly to the broker server. Also mention the number max allowed can change from one pc another. It depends on how the CPU allocate the process, the memory, etc How do you do that?

You can´t do anything except have a healthy windows. This process (low level) is part of the core the operating system.

The programs are automatically allocated into memory when opened and are assigned with a priority into cpu. If you have many programs fighting for the same resources in the memory or in the cpu you have a good chance to obtain refreshing problem, slowing execution, blue screens, etc.

Jth: Mentions nothing to do with brokers, it is to do with the last upgrade 198, and suggested reinstalling the 197 software again and don't upgrade when promted to do. It worked for him..hmmm, may try that. How many platforms did you max?
jorgka:

Suggested updating to windows sp to service pack 2 & run all the latest updates since windows xp only allow 10 TCP session concurrently. Jth is already using the updated version of windows xp with service pack 2. but the problem exist and insist most of these problems have started since the upgrade of 198.

Thanks guys!

That´s not true. You can have open all TCP you PC can support.

The limit with sp2 it´s 10 tcp connections per second. So, you can have a lot of connections but the problem is where the programs are fighting for use the same TCP port at the same time. It´s a refreshing problem.

My previous post have a mistake: 8 mt = 8 TCP. 8 mt using dc = (must be) 2 tcp.

If you have 11 metatrader directly connected you have 11 tcp opened. If they refresh every second, one of them have to wait next turn. Every loop must be discard one epplication. If you have some copies of explorer running or firefox tabs. Windows must refresh all connections. And

That could be the problem.

I suppose you have a healthy window (no spyware, no adware). Run nestat and check how many ports are open in your pc. And I´m pretty sure you will be surprised.

LazyForex:

lowphat:

kohzadi:

Perhaps due to PC Resources like RAM - I am using 4-gig ram.

newdigital:

Brokers problem because different brokers different numbers

prasxz:

Same as newdigital and cited reasons like Broker may want to keep server bandwidth stable.

Linuxser:

Agrees with newdigital. Also suggested using the DataCenter to connect many terminals to the same broker. In that way we reduce open ports connected directly to the broker server. Also mention the number max allowed can change from one pc another. It depends on how the CPU allocate the process, the memory, etc How do you do that?

Jth:

Mentions nothing to do with brokers, it is to do with the last upgrade 198, and suggested reinstalling the 197 software again and don't upgrade when promted to do. It worked for him..hmmm, may try that. How many platforms did you max?

jorgka:

Thanks guys!

I have been running 6 platforms for three week no problem. after the upgrade beginning of this week only 3 platforms would work out of the 6. Contacted Interbanksfx they could not tell me about any problems so i tried reloading it without upgrading the 198 and hey presto they all work great and fine and are still working to date. but hey don't take my word try it and see.

JTH

worst of worst you just reload the upgrade 198 and you are back where you started.

New Alternative

Why not run 2 or 3 Virtual Windows XP operating system.

You have you base OS Windows XP

download Virtual PC from Micrsoft. It's now a free product

http://www.microsoft.com/windows/virtualpc/default.mspx

Install Virtual PC, and then install Windows XP on top of Windows XP under a new environment. then you can run 5 on the local XP & another 5 in virtual. while completely avoiding any possible local machine issues. If you have 1 gig of ram you should be able to sustain two healthy Virtual PC sessions with ease. also saves you time uninstalling expired demo account etc on your local, where under a virtual PC, you just reload the clean image and keep going this way. but first you need to install at least 1 session & save it.

This should be a easy work around for you problems. and allows you the create a XP environment just for testing & keep away the clutter.

Jorgka

Thanks again for the advise.

Reason: