Average Day Range indicator (ADR) - page 2

Average Daily Range Indicator Help

I've been searching everywhere to find an average daily range similar to the one that CompassFX charges for $50 . Can someone please help with this? Any help would be much appreciated.

Thank you in advance.

is there a indicator.. that plots the upper and lower limit of the day based on average of X number of days before?

ATR Daily

Hi, just found out I wanted to see daily ATR on any time frame so I made this little indicator. Feel free to play around and/or edit it as you like (as long as you keep my name and email in it ).

Shows D1 ATR of the same currency on any chart you attach it to (results not guaranteed for time frames higher than D1).

Feel free to PM me if you want it modified and know exactly what you want

Files:

is there an average daily range indicator?

that shows the upper limit and lower limit on your chart . ..

and i can choose the adr based on X days?

trading801:
is there a indicator.. that plots the upper and lower limit of the day based on average of X number of days before?

Like max price of X days before now and min price of X days before now? Or what?

pipimo88

I didn't really understand the block of the code you wrote but I think the whole idea "skip that sunday" is totally wrong and goes against any logic.

The fix for sunday bar is as simple as calculating the data for your indicator based on H1 data, not D1 data. It takes some time to write the script but after its done it can be used with success. I remember making it for pivot points (same sunday problem, it screwed up pivots so I took last 24 highs and last 24 lows instead of D1 high and D1 low starting with fixed hour of day, same can be done for indicators that use D1 data).

Excluding the "unwanted" data is not the exit.

Hope this helps.

PS: is there a way to delete my own message? So I edit my first post and remove second post...

Shinigami:
Like max price of X days before now and min price of X days before now? Or what?

like based on the ADR, it tells me today's potential high and low

trading801:
like based on the ADR, it tells me today's potential high and low

Can you explain in higher detail what information exactly you want and if its calculated whats the formula? I have some free time on my hands right now and am able to code it if you can explain it in detail.

Shinigami:
Can you explain in higher detail what information exactly you want and if its calculated whats the formula? I have some free time on my hands right now and am able to code it if you can explain it in detail.

basically for example.

- average daily range for X number of days is Y

- based on today's opening price Z ,

plot straight line of Z + Y, Z - Y, Z+Y/2 , Z-Y/2

so that we have the upper limit , should the price go long and never comes back.. or lower.. or the middle of both !

shinigami u gone?

Reason: