Daily Range Indicator

Can anyone help?

The attached Daily Range Indicator is flawed in the sense that it calculates the average daily range but uses Sundays data as 1 day which results in an average that is incorrect.

I need someone to change the code to address this problem by treating Friday and Sunday's data as one day. Can this be done by anyone?

I would appreciate it if someone were able to program this for me.

Many thanks 

Anthony

anthonywood wrote >>
Can anyone help?
The attached Daily Range Indicator is flawed in the sense that it calculates the average daily range but uses Sundays data as 1 day which results in an average that is incorrect.
I need someone to change the code to address this problem by treating Friday and Sunday's data as one day. Can this be done by anyone?
Many thanks
Anthony

Have you found a solution?

I am looking for an indicator that gives the past 7 trading days average daily range. Can you help?

Best

H. Y.

anthonywood wrote >>
Can anyone help?
Many thanks
Anthony

Sorry, may be too late... but this is a suggestion and sorry for my very bad English.

extern bool IncludeSunday = false; //---- indicator parameter

//……

int DaysToSunday[7] = { 6, 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 }; // days to Sunday ( from today = DayOfWeek() )

/* How do to skip the Sunday?

If you are on Sunday (DayOfWeek=0) or Saturday (DayOfWeek=6) the index bar = 1 belong to Friday, 2 to thersday, etc.

then, you must count from 1 to 5, skip the 6 (Sunday), from 7 to 11, skip 12 (Sunday too), from 13 to 17, skip 18, etc.

If you are on Monday you must skip the 1, count from 2 to 6, skip 7, ...etc.

If you are on Friday you must count from 1 to 4, skip 5, 11, 17... and so on. */

// and then:

int IsSunday = DaysToSunday[DayOfWeek()]; // bar index of the more close Sunday, to skip if IncludeSunday = False.

bool IsYesterday = true;

int nDays = 0 ; int iH_iL ;

for(i=1;i<=Third_av;i++) // Max. Average Period

{

nDays++;

if (!IncludeSunday)

{

if (i==IsSunday)

{

i++; // Skip Sunday

IsSunday += 6; // Index of next Sunday (Saturday has not data)

}

}

iH_iL = NormalizeDouble( (iHigh(NULL,PERIOD_D1,i)-iLow(NULL,PERIOD_D1,i))/Point, 0 ) ;

if (nDays==1) // only first time is yesterday

{

R1 = iH_iL ; // Yesterday daily Range in points

}

if(nDays<=First_av) R5 = R5 + iH_iL ; // Daily Range last First_av days, in points

if(nDays<=Second_av) R10 = R10 + iH_iL ; // Daily Range last Second_av days, in points

if(nDays<=Third_av) R20 = R20 + iH_iL ; // Daily Range last Third_av days, in points

}

//...... etc. ....................

Best

Eduardo

Reason: