Volume Indicator

Apparently, it is not impossible to have a volume indicator for Forex.

http://video.google.ca/videoplay?docid=-4894739832417484315

Alternatively, the indicator can count the number of ticks per bar to give an approximation of activity.

Does anyone have a similar indicator?

The volume indicator comes standard on Meta Trader sofware, it is not accurate due to not being able to measure the size of the trades causing the ticks.

hidethereal:
The volume indicator comes standard on Meta Trader sofware, it is not accurate due to not being able to measure the size of the trades causing the ticks.

Yes, i agree. The standard metatrader volume indicator is not accurate. In addition, forex isn't centralized, so there is no one real price at any moment in time.

However, having a tick count indicator for each bar would be useful in determining activity levels.

moldem:
Yes, i agree. The standard metatrader volume indicator is not accurate. In addition, forex isn't centralized, so there is no one real price at any moment in time. However, having a tick count indicator for each bar would be useful in determining activity levels.

I wrote this indicator to count ticks. It will give you tick count for every minute. It help when u see high number of ticks per minute. Maybe it help you

Files:

moldem:
Yes, i agree. The standard metatrader volume indicator is not accurate. In addition, forex isn't centralized, so there is no one real price at any moment in time. However, having a tick count indicator for each bar would be useful in determining activity levels.

<ex4 file deleted>

Thanks guys

Does anyone know how to display each indicator's values seperately?

For example, running the 'clock' indicator and 'tick' indicator, one will always overwrite the other. Is there a way to print them one after another?

Also, does the tick indicator allow for other timeframe periods other than m1?

moldem:
Does anyone know how to display each indicator's values seperately?

For example, running the 'clock' indicator and 'tick' indicator, one will always overwrite the other. Is there a way to print them one after another?

Also, does the tick indicator allow for other timeframe periods other than m1?

use this version. u can change the timeframe of the ticks

Files:

Thanks, this version is great.

Do you know if it possible to specify output text location?

Somebody know/have the positive volume index, negative volume index and price volume trend? I was searching in net but I only found the positive.

Kelch Monteiro:
Somebody know/have the positive volume index, negative volume index and price volume trend? I was searching in net but I only found the positive.

Kelch

Since metatrader does not have normal volumes (only ticks) and since forex volumes can only be roughly estimated, probably the use of any volume related indicators in forex is very, very limited

Reason: