GridMaster Update

Hi all,

I have been working with the EA named GridMaster MT3 version for about 2 weeks with pretty good success and downfall. I have tried to find out some more info on this EA searching through all the forums but there seems to be no mention of this EA. I recently had Yoursky update the GridMaster MQL to MT4. The only thing that works in the MT4 version is the OrderSend function....I am looking for help if anyone is interested in updating this code for MT4 since i only know very little code.

The main reason why i started testing this EA is based on a Forward test found here...

http://www.lightpatch.com/forex/Results_2006_08_25_AUG25/gridmaster%2003.mql%20%20m15.htm

This of course could of been all luck but i have seen alot of potential if this code were to be working properly which it isn't.

MT3 Code Issue>> Not working Parts: ProfitEntry, ProfitExit, ProfitIncrease, MaxProfitExit, BucksPerPip. (Everything else seems to be working)

MT4 Code Issue>> Not working parts: Everything....

MT4 code does perform a backtest but you won't ever see any profit. ALSO, if you do perform a current backtest on the code given below it will begin to eat up all your computers memory for some reason unless you keep clearing the Journal out as its running. (Unsure why)

So again, if anyone is interested in helping in getting this code up to date that would be Great!

Or if someone knows why this code isn't good i would also like to know....(so that im not in the dark)

Thanks!

Spider~

Files:

Week forward Test

This week i started a new account since my last account expired. Here is this weeks forward test of the GridMaster MQL on MT3. As you can see the MT3 version still makes good profit although it would of been alot more if the code was fully working right.

Spider~

Files:

what time frame?

M15 is the time frame it should run on. I have tested out other Time Frames but M15 always pulls in more overall profit and keeps the loss down.

Spider~

Does any Broker have an MT3 Platform to Demo test this On? Isn't all platforms now MT4? Thanks!

Not sure on that one. I know IBFX and FXDD still offers MT3.

All my testing is currently done on IBFX MT3.

(Also on that question, Thats why im wondering if anyone can help with the MT4 EA, since they might be taking away the MT3 platform one day.)

Spider4896, check you PM

Sounds like you may just need to converted the EA from MT3 to MT4

JJLL:
Spider4896, check you PM Sounds like you may just need to converted the EA from MT3 to MT4

Yup got your PM thanks!

Spider~

Spider:

Based on the (2) reports that you posted the GBP/USD has a KILLER massive drawdown on 9/7 I think like 45 trades of about $45 losing in a row. (imagine if those would have been full lot's). what I like about this EA is on losses it is not increased like some other's

However on both reports EUR/USD & CHF/USD appear much better with very light drawdown especially during the report on Sept. 7th of EUR/USD and in the other report CHF/USD is also showing light drawdown.

Spider:

Ok, thanks, I will run it next week on the FXDD 3.86 demo, I noticed that they still offer a Live trading of MT3, also InterbankFX offers both. I will only run the EUR/CHF pairs and see how it goes 24/7 and post a report mid next week here at the forum. I am using mini lots with only a 5K balance 1:200 and see if there is a margin problem.

(Be easy on me, im not that great at reading MT3 code, so i will try to explain things from personal experience)

I think your misunderstanding this EA a little so i will explain as best i can.

The negative GBPUSD that were closed fell outside the grid while the price was going in the other direction since it has only a limited amount of trades it can set based on your settings. This frees up used MaxTrades so it can place more trades in the direction the price is going.

If you notice the closing times of each set you will begin to understand a little more. Basically this EA will place a Buy and Sell almost instantly from the start. During the course of the day and has the price moves it will begin to place Buys and Sells on both sides till a certain point....(unsure whats telling it to stop) Once it has a Grid setup usually the price continues in one direction and the EA will then begin to place trades in that direction. So at first basically it will be hedging itself....You could say it has an idea of which direction it will be going but again im not sure whats telling it that.

So again, when you look at the report, notice the close times.

On some trades it does close off that fall outside the grid....But very few depending on whats your max open and max delta open.

But your right USDCHF and EURUSD would be good pairs to trade with this EA but since it thrives on price movement and breakouts, i chose the GBPUSD for the movement factor.

Hope this helps out.

Spider~

Reason: