GridMaster Update - page 2

txsundevil:
Spider: Ok, thanks, I will run it next week on the FXDD 3.86 demo, I noticed that they still offer a Live trading of MT3, also InterbankFX offers both. I will only run the EUR/CHF pairs and see how it goes 24/7 and post a report mid next week here at the forum. I am using mini lots with only a 5K balance 1:200 and see if there is a margin problem.

Sounds great!

Please note agian the auto closing of trades when your profit is hit does not work. You will have to close out manually all your trades. (One downfall currently)

But the good thing is, Margin limits works along with MaxTrades and maxDeltaTrade.

I will post my trades again next Friday from the same account and pairs.

Spider~

Spider:

Do I keep exactly the same settings when I apply it to the Chart and use the 15 Min TF (in your previous post)

Please explain how I close out when profit is hit since the EA does not do it, exactly what do I do? totally confused regarding this? thanks!

txsundevil:
Spider:

Do I keep exactly the same settings when I apply it to the Chart and use the 15 Min TF (in your previous post)

Please explain how I close out when profit is hit since the EA does not do it, exactly what do I do? totally confused regarding this? thanks!

Yeah it is actually a weird thing since it doesn't work right. Like i said before in the first post...Need to find someone to fix it up either MT3 or MT4 codes, which would be nice. =)

But...Yes charts must be on M15.

In MT3, when you attach GridMaster to the chart you will need to change the lots size and MaxTrades, MaxDeltaTrades, and Margin to your own settings.

To take profit...just have to keep an eye on it when your currency pair is the most volitile. Then make a decision on when to close out when your ready.

**Warning...if you don't keep an eye on it, it might hit profit...but then the price might reverse and you will be back in negative profit and the grid might change closing out what used to be profitable trades.

Update

Here is an updated forward test from LightPatch regarding GridMaster...

http://www.lightpatch.com/forex/Results_2006_09_08_SEP08

Spider~

Files:

Spider4896:
Yeah it is actually a weird thing since it doesn't work right. Like i said before in the first post...Need to find someone to fix it up either MT3 or MT4 codes, which would be nice. =)

**Warning...if you don't keep an eye on it, it might hit profit...but then the price might reverse and you will be back in negative profit and the grid might change closing out what used to be profitable trades.

Could somebody take a look to the code??

Thanks

Hello,

it seems very good strategy, but unfortunately it does not work, only work to open the position.

Apparently it's better to use this ea during the trend, and it can find all alone the good direction, only with a statistical edge.

Quote:

This is a pure, 100% REACTIVE strategy, with no attempt at all to predict, anticipate or define a statistical edge. It limits grid size by keeping edges trimmed. This version increases the profit target whenever an edge is trimmed.

If one programmer can check the code, that will very great!

hi,

it's been a while since the last post. Has this EA been converted to MQ4 yet?

regards,

Kon

Kon,

That's the file format posted in the first message.

Reason: