The truth why 90% or more traders fail. - page 4

everyone should read this.

I personally believe the prediction. The most of the Forex traders are loser. Because maximum Forex traders are join the Forex business to be a rich man within a single night. They take the business as a gambling. But that is not the right way. As a result they loss their all capital for taking over risks. But those traders learn first and after learning they come to earn. They are the successful Forex trader. So never think that you luck make profit for you in the Forex business. Learn the Forex business to save your balance.

Wise words

but trading is nt all about Forex - there are many other great trades out there

diversification in ones trading portfolio might be a must ?

Gold / Oil / Bonds / Stocks

and then also forex

this is what the Pros do, where FX is often only 10-20% of all their trades

not just trading the Euro - especially as its often a complete turkey

(or is most of the time these days)

and totally agree with most of whats been said

"one must learn the ways of the Market before taking any real money trades"

why give the Market makers and brokers one penny until you first master your craft

spend the money on yourself and others while you learn, because if the statistics are to be believed then there's no point throwing good money after bad, unless possibly using a micro account

i'm sure the brokers would prefer we earn (them) while we learn, but unless you are one of the very small minority its not going to happen

there is a quite interesting post on trade2win with the same question with statistics to why most traders loose

not sure i can post the link though

but it mostly shows traders are not aiming for the correct trades - ie 2:1 at the very least

as losses (and stop outs) are all adding up to more than the wins - even though traders are often correct more than 50% of the time

Newspring:
Very true. Trading in a highly volatile trend is already a big headache. We don't need a flakey broker to add to the problem. For my experience, I consistently lose money with one broker while it is a complete reverse on another. And I was using the same method in my trading.

We can understand the trend of Forex if we always trade with proper trading plan and strategies because Forex market so complex and trader need proper concentration and planning.

The biggest reason why retail traders fail is not because of poor money management, lack of discipline, or even a lousy trading method.

to my knowledge there is no reputable & comprehensive study concerning retail Forex failure rates. But we have a study about day traders in the Asian currency markets from the 90s. If When i recall correctly, the study adopted 10. 000 accounts over a period of 15 years. In the final, only 27 people (that´s 0. 27%) was able to increase their initial stake through day trading and in addition they made 5% a year on average. Maybe that helps.

StatusQuo:
The biggest reason why retail traders fail is not because of poor money management, lack of discipline, or even a lousy trading method.

can you give us a clue

see if i can post the link to the other site ?

by Jason Rogers of FXCM

Why do traders fail?

WR1:
can you give us a clue

see if i can post the link to the other site ?

by Jason Rogers of FXCM

Why do traders fail?

As usual : underfunding, over-leveraging and not understanding the core of forex type trading are the main reason for losing. Even with those 50ish % with proper money management they could be profitable if they do not change the system every other day and if they calculate in advance what risks are they able to take

But expecting to make a living from a $100 account is the main reason for failing, and that is what is known to the brokers - the little ones are fish food and the business relies on the little ones to continue behaving that way : not enough money to trade but encouraged by fairy tales of overnight riches they become what the brokers are living from. Even the 30-35% percent successful traders is in the "fairy tales" box

I think Lack of Trading Strategy is one of the reason of failure.

Reason: