Advisors that work - page 8

JRandomTrader #:

Here's a mystery to me - why would anyone sell a robot that actually makes money?

I can only find one option - by selling, he can earn more (faster) than the robot will. But then the one who buys it is a loser, and the robot is not particularly good.

here are some of the options.

If you want a robot that actually earns good money, for example, at 200-500% annual revenue and a 15% drawdown, no one is going to sell it with stable indicators.

I don't have any problems with robots. 90 per cent of Market robots are optimised for available history, they are just taking your money.

As for the other ones, they are not bad robots making at best 10-30% profit with a drawdown of 5-15%.

I.e. if you sell this robot to 150 buyers, for $80 = 12000 risk free . ! !!!

But if you have a martin robot that makes 500% - 5000% profit or loses 100% a year, how much will you put on it, taking into account that it will lose everything 2 or 3 times a year.

On average, $ 500. $ 500 * 500% = 2500, 500 * 5000% = 25000, so it's more profitable 12000 without the risk. or the risk of losing 2-3 times a year.

Of course, if you get to the sums allowed, not to think about temporary losses of a few tens of thousands. and steadily robot makes its 10-20 percent a year, then sell the robot does not make sense. but this is still need to earn a decent amount and not wiggle out for tens of thousands.

So be it :)

JRandomTrader #:

Here's a mystery to me - why would anyone sell a robot that actually makes money?

I can only find one option - by selling, he can earn more (faster) than the robot will. But then the one who buys is knowingly at a loss, and the robot is not particularly good.

Almost everything is correct, except that the robot is not very good. In order to put it like that you need to know the real ranges of profitable Expert Advisors, once again I see that people are looking for something they don't know. If you knew those ranges you wouldn't be talking like that.

Renat Akhtyamov#:

You can make more than 100% in a day, and it's easy and unforced.

having 10 quid, not 10k, in 10 days you'll make 10k

so do not make people laugh with 3%

I'm not offended, Renat, but I'd rather choose a 3 per cent UXO than 100 per cent a day. I am just surprised that you believe in it and still trying to convince others. This is impossible neither mathematically nor from a practical point of view. You need a time machine for that kind of quality. You don't know the operating range either.

Now I understand why such threads appear... You guys better get a good job, you'll thank me.

Borys Ivanov #:

Here are some of the options.

The robot that really earns well, e.g. at 200-500% per annum with a 15% drawdown, with stable indicators, no one will sell it.

The market has 90 per cent optimised robots for the available history, that is, just to take money from you.

As for the other ones, they are not bad robots making at best 10-30% profit with a drawdown of 5-15%.

I.e. if you sell this robot to 150 buyers, for $80 = 12000 risk free . ! !!!

But if you have a martin robot that makes 500% - 5000% profit or loses 100% a year, how much will you put on it, taking into account that it will lose everything 2 or 3 times a year.

On average, $ 500. $ 500 * 500% = 2500, 500 * 5000% = 25000, so it's more profitable 12000 without the risk. or the risk of losing 2-3 times a year.

Of course, if you get to the sums allowed, not to think about temporary losses of several tens of thousands. and steadily robot makes its 10-20 percent a year, then sell the robot does not make sense. but this is still have to earn a decent amount and do not bother for tens of thousands.

So be it :)

This is a man who really knows the ropes.

Evgeniy Ilin #:

Almost everything is correct, except that the robot is not particularly good. In order to say that you need to know the ranges of real indicators of profitable TS, once again I am convinced that people are looking for without knowing what they are looking for. If you knew those ranges you wouldn't talk like that.

Well "the rest are not bad robots that bring at best 10-30% profit with a drawdown of 5-15%. for one instrument. " - that's exactly "not good".

JRandomTrader #:

Well "the rest are not bad robots yielding at best 10-30% profit with a 5-15% drawdown. on one instrument." - that's just "not good".

What do you want? That's the way it is. Boris wrote it correctly. You just either get used to it or keep flying in the clouds. There are other ways to increase profitability using even these EAs. But this is real profit and stability and 100% even in a month, well these are fairy tales. Of course there are such systems, I'm sure, but this is a completely different level, it's not a market. They are big teams with a ton of experience and they use it only for personal purposes.

Evgeniy Ilin #:

What did you want? That's the way it is. Boris wrote it right. You just either get used to it or keep flying in the clouds. There are other ways to increase profitability using even these EAs. But this is real profit and stability and 100% even in a month, well these are fairy tales. Of course there are such systems, I'm sure, but this is a completely different level, it's not a market. They are large teams with a lot of experience and they use them only for their own purposes.

I have robots that showed more than 20% of SE per year on average with max drawdown below 15% SE in 5.5 years on FORTS, but I don't think they are good enough. I have trading robots with higher returns and drawdowns of up to 30% of GO.

And there is one written specifically for a unique situation in one symbol that earned 1000% over a year, but that situation (yes, freebie) is no longer there.

That 100% per month is a fairy tale or, again, a unique situation - I agree. Mine don't show plus in every quarter (September futures are often unprofitable), but they are in good plus for the year.

And yes, I don't consider variations on martin.

JRandomTrader #:

I have robots that have averaged over 20% of YoY on FORTS over 5.5 years with max drawdown below 15% YoY, but I don't think they are good enough. I have trading robots with higher returns and drawdowns of up to 30% of GO.

And there is one written specifically for a unique situation in one symbol that earned 1000% over a year, but that situation (yes, freebie) is no longer there.

That 100% per month is a fairy tale or, again, a unique situation - I agree. Mine don't show plus in every quarter (September futures are often unprofitable), but they are in good plus for the year.

And yes, I don't consider variations on martin.

I don't consider variations on martin.

Borys Ivanov #:

What does CS mean?

Futures collateral - roughly, the amount that is set aside when a futures position is opened and returned when it is closed.

Evgeniy Ilin #:

But this is real profit and stability, and 100% even per month is a fairy tale. Of course there are such systems, I'm sure, but this is a completely different level, this is not a market. They are large teams with tons of experience and they use it only for their own purposes.

Why fairy tales?

JRandomTrader #:

Well "the rest are not bad robots making at best 10-30% profit with a 5-15% drawdown on the same instrument." - that's exactly "not particularly good".

In this case 5-15% drawdown tells us that 95-75% of the money on the deposit is not working and you can try to increase the lot 5-15 times. The deposit will withstand the increased drawdown and the same amount of profit will increase - not 10-30%, but just those fabulous 100-300%.

Borys Ivanov #:

Let's try again :)

If there is an EA that can show a stable profit, with a real drawdown not exceeding 15 percent.

If you have it in the code base or on the Market, give me a link and let's analyze it and see if it's worth anything.

"Stable" apparently means "for several years".

My answer is that there is NO such thing. At least in forex. The market may have them on shares, but the earnings are smaller there, and the deposit is larger. Any Expert Advisor starts to show losses after a few months at most, and it must be at least re-optimized, and quite often even removed from the trade. In scalpers, this usually happens after three or four weeks.

There are legends on the forum about EAs that have been showing stable profit for decades, but no one has ever demonstrated a real account of such an EA... I am not even talking about the expert himself.

Reason: