All John Ehlers Indicators... - page 22

Instantaneous Trend Line indicator

Can someone explain how to use the Instantaneous Trend Line indicator? I got the MT4 code from the following site and created the indicator within MT4 platform but not sure how to use it to find enter/exit signals.

https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/174980

Thanks

frutek:
I wounder if someone can make ea with the following rules... I wanted to paste a picture, but still don't know how... open position when signal touches green line (opposite direction of course), stop loss 20 - 30, close when signal touches blue, middle line... If signal goes against you and touches brown line, open another position with the same stop loss, close when signal touches middle line... I know that the indicator repaints, but still, it might be profitable on 5 min chart... or maybe this can be modified... in most cases, the signal reverses after touching green line... after brown one almost always... thanks...

I am trying something similar to this in the m5 charts and it does work. I have custom setting that are from OANFX who was on FF but got booted. it uses this COG or whatever this indicator is called with custom settings, and psychological levels of whole/half numbers so if it's above the COG center line and COG is pointed down and breaks a whole/half number, go short and get out at the next whole/half number. stop at the last whole/half number. rues are opposite for sell. a few people are doing well. whole/half numbers work pretty good if you use them like this with custom COG settings

Scalping system #11 (The Center of Gravity) | Forex strategies revealed

Statement: 568858 - 100-1

Hi,

I've developed MTF MAMA with Signals, Alerts & Warnings.

It's correct version of this indicator. All previous versions have bugs including Godzilla's version.

Regards,

Igor

Files:
mama_v1.mq4  11 kb
mama_1.gif  11 kb

Thanks a lot .. it looks good

Dots

igorad:
Hi,

I've developed MTF MAMA with Signals, Alerts & Warnings.

It's correct version of this indicator. All previous versions have bugs including Godzilla's version.

Regards,

Igor

Hi Igor,

What are those dots in the picture?

Thanks

KC

Instantaneous Trendline

Does anybody has 'MESA and Trading Market Cycles' book ?? I can exchange for "Rocket Sience... or "Cybernetic...

Is this indicator written for MT ??

The Instantaneous Trendline - February 2002

This is version of Instantaneous Trendline with elliptic filter and externally calculated Dominant Cycle period.

Krzysztof

These dots are Buy/Sell signals formed by cross of MAMA and FAMA.

pjchawla:
Hi Igor,

What are those dots in the picture?

Thanks

KC

Please try AllAverages_v2.2 with MA_Method = 12.

fajst_k:
Does anybody has 'MESA and Trading Market Cycles' book ?? I can exchange for "Rocket Sience... or "Cybernetic...

Is this indicator written for MT ??

The Instantaneous Trendline - February 2002

This is version of Instantaneous Trendline with elliptic filter and externally calculated Dominant Cycle period.

Krzysztof

igorad:

Thanks, Krzysztof

igorad:

I just checked the code of AllAverages for MA_Method = 12. I think in this one

dominant cycle is removed by modelling filter characteristic based on EMA, so cycle period is not calculated at all there.

That one to which i refer has a dominant cycle calculated like older instantenous trendlines suggested by Ehler, I just wanted to compare which type will perform better. For example MAMA has dominant cycle calculated by Hilbert transform. Did you make a comparision like this ??

Krzysztof

Reason: