Create your own MetaTrader extension (dll) - page 2

Do you mean "write a web service" that talks to a MT4 dll?

To be honest I have not looked at that, I did write in a MT4 DLL a function that connects to my web server and authenticates users, but on the server side the code is written in PHP ...

I can help with the windows socket part but I can't give out the whole setup

Patrick

server

Mistigri:
Do you mean "write a web service" that talks to a MT4 dll?

To be honest I have not looked at that, I did write in a MT4 DLL a function that connects to my web server and authenticates users, but on the server side the code is written in PHP ...

I can help with the windows socket part but I can't give out the whole setup

Patrick

Hi Patrick,

I am not familiar with the techniques behind this, but what I am looking for is a metatrader running on a server giving signals and a client dll receiving or fetching the signals for a client metatrader terminal. The client terminal then does it's own business.

You need a custom programmer (paid) to do this task! Because it's not an easy project!

You want to duplicate up trades between 2 Metatraders over the net.

nohills:
Hi Patrick, I am not familiar with the techniques behind this, but what I am looking for is a metatrader running on a server giving signals and a client dll receiving or fetching the signals for a client metatrader terminal. The client terminal then does it's own business.

servers

Hi Codersguru,

Thank you for dropping by.

I know how to program in Metatrader and thanks to Patrick I now can program a dll, but I just can't imagine that it is too difficult to do this job. I think there are many standard customized c, c++ or c# functions which can be easily fitted, once you know how to.

Just showing how to build a dll, like Patrick did, was that one step which brought me further. I understand that there might be others who haven't programmed before and would need more guidance or maybe (paid) work to get the job done. On the other hand I must admit that I know little about "talking" with servers.

xml reader ...

How about writing an EA that you would run on your server that uploads an xml file ( using the ftp function ) to a website. Then write an expert using a dll that can read the data from the xml file.

in the xml file you would use a format such as

Hi Patrick

Thank you very much to taking the time to make the video - its really well done, and greatly appreciated.

I have a quick question. At the start of the video you mentioned that it had to be a c++ dll (MFC). Now, Im rather a novice programmer. Am I not able to write a dll in C# to work with Metatrader? Is the only language I can use C++?

Thanks and regards

Anton

hi

is it possible make mt4 dll connected to web service and make php script to shows MT4 open position through a website , so people with no MT4 can see it from website in a realtime ?

===================

Forex Indicators Collection

Magick:
Hi Patrick

Thank you very much to taking the time to make the video - its really well done, and greatly appreciated.

I have a quick question. At the start of the video you mentioned that it had to be a c++ dll (MFC). Now, Im rather a novice programmer. Am I not able to write a dll in C# to work with Metatrader? Is the only language I can use C++?

Thanks and regards

Anton

No you can not use C# to write the DLL ... The DLL has to be in C++, now nothing stops you from writing a C# app that will communicate with the C++ DLL but that would be a lot of work. Use Microsoft Visual C++ Express 2008 which is free

Patrick

Thanks Patrick

thats a very interesting idea to use the FTP.

however I do want to be able to interact with MT - to send the tick and candle info to the .net app and this app communicate back to MT on when to trade.

I found this that I thought may help - Simplified Wrapper and Interface Generator

However I am a rather entry level programmer, and dont fully appreciate what is involved in having a c++ wrapper middle layer.

I would be interested to hear your opinion, if you think this could be a useful tool to use to help bridge between the c++ and .net?

You can certainly wrap a c# dll and get it to receive signals on MT4, however I am not sure about sending the price data from MT4 to the C# app/dll and how reliable it would be ... I don't really have time to investigate right now ( going on vacation next week and have to finish some projects :P ) but I will certainly try to look into that in the next few months

Good Luck with your project!

Reason: