Well working Trading System ! - page 62

Hi,

Just FYI: In the near future I plan to update indicators and EAs in this thread.

First of them is ready - AllTrendEnvelopes_v1.

With this indicator you can form trend envelopes from different kinds of MAs(0...20) with different prices(0...10) and deviations.

Regards,

Igor

Files:

igorad:
Hi,

Just FYI: In the near future I plan to update indicators and EAs in this thread.

First of them is ready - AllTrendEnvelopes_v1.

With this indicator you can form trend envelopes from different kinds of MAs(0...20) with different prices(0...10) and deviations.

Regards,

Igor

Igor,

How does this one differ from All_TrendEnvelopes_v3.mq4?

TrendEnvelopeExpert 2.4 5digit version not exiting on loss side

Hi Guys! I have been testing the new 5 digit eurjpy version and I am wondering why it is not exiting the trade on the loss side? It has gone well over 0.05 risk. Look at the picture and you see what I mean. Because of spread and T/P set to 30 it did not take profitt on the visible trade. The exit mode in EA is set to default 1.

Files:

Because ExitMode 1 is exit on TrendStrength indicator closed bar (TS_CurBar = 1) on MN1 timeframe (TS_TimeFrame = 43200).

And previous bar on MN1 timeframe is April.

https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/174793/page9

Open EA in MetaEditor and read the settings.

The settings I posted for 2.4 version is the settings for Hard coed MTF EA https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/178788

Files:
ts_1505_1.jpg  192 kb

hi , i am testing the TrendEnvelopeExpert_v2.4 and having problems using the TrendEnvelopes_v2 indicator as the trailing stop . I have set the TrailingMode=2 in the settings of the expert but it is not moving the stop forward at the close of the next bar, anyone any ideas what i am doing wrong

As I remember - for TrailingMode=2: it is necessary to select StopDeviation. Besides, if you have TE_Mode = 0 so this indicator will be switched off completely from the system.

Besides, it depends on timeframe of indicator.

If you have TE_TimeFrame = 0 so it will be trailing stop on your chart timeframe, if TE_TimeFrame = 240 so it will be trailing stop on H4 timeframe for example.

And as I see - it is the condition:

TrailingMode==2 && UpLine>0) BuyStop = NormalizeDouble((1.0-0.01*StopDeviation)*UpLine,Digits)

( TrailingMode==2 && DnLine>0) SellStop = NormalizeDouble((1.0+0.01*StopDeviation)*DnLine,Digits)

For example, you open buy order and if EA see "buy UpLine" of TrendEnvelopes_v2 indicator so EA is moving trailing stop on closed bar (TE_CurBar = 1).

It is what I see from inside the code.

Try to backtest in visual mode to see how trailing stop is moving.

TrendEnvelopeExpert 2.4 5digit version

newdigital:
Because ExitMode 1 is exit on TrendStrength indicator closed bar (TS_CurBar = 1) on MN1 timeframe (TS_TimeFrame = 43200).

And previous bar on MN1 timeframe is April.

https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/174793/page9

Open EA in MetaEditor and read the settings.

The settings I posted for 2.4 version is the settings for Hard coed MTF EA https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/178788

Thanks for great follow up Newdigital. For confirmation, does this mean that TrendStrength indicator measures trend from the price on exact hour and minute 30 days back every time it takes a trade? Or does it make the calculations from when I start it so I have to close and restart the EA for a new calculation? Or is it happening real time?

From what I have read in this thread the biggest risk with this EA is when the monthly trend changes. How, or on which TF would you reccomend me using the Ichimoku indi to be alerted when such a monthly change would occur? And is it then enough to stop the EA and wait for a new clear trend indication before I start it again?

I have added my demo statement from fresh start at Wednesday 13th mid day (almost 2 days) on a $3000 Alpari UK account (GMT+2). "Lots" 0.3, "MaxTrades" 1 and the last six trades with StartHour 9, StartMinute 30 and EndHour 20, EndMinute 45. The rest default settings. Changed Timing Parameters to see how it goes when avoiding slow markets.

From analysis of the trades in the statement I think EURJPY was not good in its positions. In comparison to GBPUSD where the EA takes good positions in rallies, with EURJPY it does not. EURJPY trades goes in oposite direction with bigger floating loss. -194,4 and -131 for the two trades in the statement. Biggest floating loss for GBPUSD was -40,1 and EURUSD -59,9. Both opened at 09:15 GMT+2. Also testing on a another computer with only EURUSD and GBPUSD. MaxTrades on both pairs are 3. No time restriction. Biggest floating loss after 21 trades was maximum -55,1 on GBPUSD and -61,3 on EURUSD. Both opening 04:30 early in the morning. 16 of these 21 trades never had a floating loss bigger than -25.

Regarding both posted results there is not many trades, but interesting to see performance. I will continue and when I know everything and how, my goal is to test live on a small account (over a long time i hope) if strategy and parameters shows satisfying

Trend Envelope Expert v2.4

Hi New Digital,

I have been forward-testing the TEEv2.4 for several months now, and it is working fine for me, except for when I need to change the settings for all of the 19 pairs that I trade on. It is very tedious if I were to change them manually, especially when I am using only 1 template for any of the setting changes that I need to optimise on.

I need to insert a code - which I had attached herewith - to automatically insert the many different magic numbers for each different specific pair.

Can you assist to insert the attached notepad text file into the TEEv2.4 expert advisor program?

Thank you.

AK

....ooops Sorry ND for directing the task to you. I think I should have directed it to the creator of the EA - Igorad. My apologies. AK

Trend Envelope Expert v2.4

Hi Igorad,

I have been using one of your EAs for a while now, and I find that your Trend Envelope EA v2.4 to be quite interesting & very intuitive for me to use.

Is it possible for you to enhance the EA by inserting a code of sort, that can automatically insert the various different "Magic Numbers" to each different currency pair, in order to run the EA on the same MT4 account?

Your enhancement would be very highly appreciated here.

Thanking you in anticipation of your assistance.

AZIZ KHAN

I've fixed small bugs in the code of AllTrendEnvelopes.

Reason: