Well working Trading System ! - page 30

odirlei:
Hi ND,

I see in setup stoploss =0.0. This does not mean that it is off, I don't need to change this to make stop loss on?

The lot size is 0.1 and the MaxLoss=1000.0. So, for 0.01 Lot size the MaxLoss=100.0?

Regards

This settings is having stop loss. On current M15 timeframe so it is normal version. Stop loss was designed on the indicator. Check post #20 of this thread.

newdigital:
This one? https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/174793/page19 M15 timeframe. This version is having stop loss designed for some indicator on M15 timeframe as well so it is normal version.

Please find updated statements for this TrendEnvelopeExpert_v2.2 version.

AbsoluteStrengthMarket

Hi ND,

Is the AbsoluteStrengthMarket indicator ready?

Please be careful with MTF backtesting. Your v2.4 backtest uses monthly confirmation. This indicator needs 48 monthly bars to be valid. So the results of your backtest are not valid, at least the 1st 4 years. Forward test is valid if your chart is more than 4 years.

Regards,

TK

tkforextsd:
Hi ND,

Is the AbsoluteStrengthMarket indicator ready?

Please be careful with MTF backtesting. Your v2.4 backtest uses monthly confirmation. This indicator needs 48 monthly bars to be valid. So the results of your backtest are not valid, at least the 1st 4 years. Forward test is valid if your chart is more than 4 years.

Regards,

TK

I am not testing this 2.4. I am forward testing 2.2 versions (see forward statements posted few posts back).

Anyway it is the differencies between MTF indicators and MTF EAs. All MTF EAs posted here were coded on close bar. If it is monthly confirmation so it is MN1 close bar (previous monthly close bar). And it is not the same with MTF indicators: if you are attaching any MTF indicator for H1 timeframe for example with MN1 settings so you will see MN1 open bar, right? That is why MTF indicators are re-painting: because it is re-paintng the open bar on more highier timeframe. But EAs were coded on close bar only and that is why we are having big drawdown on 2.4 version: just imagine and we are geting stop loss and this stop lossed order will be closed in the next month only (because of MN1 close bar).

That is why I am not testing 2.4 version. This version is not ready yet.

As to 2.2 version so this version is using normal exit on current timerframe designed for some normal indicator and it is normal version. I am testing it now.

The other MTF EA is Braintrading EA: this EA is trading H1 close bars by indicators having stop loss/take profit on M15 timeframe (close bars as well). So, it is anti-MTF

AbsoluteStrengthMarket indicator so it is not ready yet. I am communicating with Igorad by PMs and the development is still going on. Now we decided to separate the trend. For example:

Bearish trend: Bearish downtrend (simple downtrend), bearish choppy, bearish not trading, bearish uptrend (correction).

and so on.

Just to see the situation.

I will post it when it will be ready.

You need indicators. I updated this post with indicators.

Because i am working with many versions from post #20 of this thread and all of the versions are having almost the same indicators so I just posted EAs only.

This post was updated.

I am sorry.

Not sure whether to post this in the free forum ... i was worried about giving away info from the elite section. If it is in the wrong thread then please move it.

Having problems in the strategy tester with TrendEnvelopeExpert 2.2 as downloaded from above. I put it into the experts folder - closed and opened platform - moved it to the 15min EURUSD chart - got a smile in top right corner - went to strategy tester - selected 15min and test every tick - and a got error "cannot open file ..."

What am i doing wrong?

Files:
2_3.gif  33 kb

adam777:
Not sure whether to post this in the free forum ... i was worried about giving away info from the elite section. If it is in the wrong thread then please move it. ...

This section (together with all threads inside) is elite section https://www.mql5.com/en/forum

And this section (together with all threads inside) is the elite section as well https://www.mql5.com/en/forum

Just for information.

Please find updated statements for 2.2 version of EA.

newdigital:
Please find updated statements for 2.2 version of EA.

Updated statements for 2.2 version.

EURUSD: this week -104 pips; total -21 pips.

open trade: -47 pips.

GBPUSD: this week -11 pips; total -11 pips.

open trade: -11 pips.

USDJPY: this week 0 pips; total +74 pips.

open trade: +12 pips.

USDCHF: this week +43 pips; total +29 pips.

open trade: +64 pips.

AbsoluteStrengthMarket indicators: indicators to analyze the market condition. It was posted now. Read posts starting from this page to this one.

Reason: