CFD Possible Patterns - page 5

Stock quotes in CFD format for MT4?

Can anyone give me specific details on how to take a stock quote from yahoo (CFD format) and put it into MT4? A prior poster said to save it in Excel, change the format to match MT4, and then put it in MT4. There were no details given in this post so now I'm asking how this can be done. I've got the quote saved in Excel but haven't a clue on how to change it to match formats and even after that I don't know how to get it into MT4. Can anyone help? Thanks

PS

clam61:
here is a program i wrote in java that will convert it for u. i included the source.

usage is

java yahooDataToMT4Data

you run this program and it converts the yahoo data file to the output file. you then use your metatrader history center and import the new data file.

below is an example of boeing aerospace. although it says GBPUSD...its loaded with "BA" data.

i would like to see an MT4 indicator version of this. that would be great. maybe one of the russian dudes

hi clam61.. can you give more detail using this? it's very useful thanks for great gift

Clam61 thanks

Can you now tell me how to open/use it? I've tried numerous ways but can not get it up???

we need harmonic file plz..thanks

here is a program i wrote in java that will convert it for u. i included the source.

usage is

java yahooDataToMT4Data

you run this program and it converts the yahoo data file to the output file. you then use your metatrader history center and import the new data file.

below is an example of boeing aerospace. although it says GBPUSD...its loaded with "BA" data.

i would like to see an MT4 indicator version of this. that would be great. maybe one of the russian dudes

Mini CFD accont

Hello to all, i'm here to ask some help, let's see what i am looking for:

I am looking to found a broker that:

1) Let me open a mini-account (500 usd)

2) Have a good leverage (let's say from 1:100 to 1:500)

3) Let me trade the dowjones futures (YM, E-mini Dow, DowJones index)

4) Offer 1-2 spread on the DowJones (i'm looking for 1pip spread, but also 2 is good)

5) Offer mt4 as trading platform (maybe i'm asking too much:P anyway also if it have not mt4 that's good the same)

6) Obviously commission free! Or just commission not-free but 0 spread

Ok, is there somebody that can tell me some good broker that suit my needs? what do you think, is it possible to find a broker like this?

Let me know if can help, thanks

Can you use CFD charts to chart/trade futures?

Hi all:

Let me give you the background and then the question. This is an interesting question:

Background: I am a 4x trader who uses MT4 and have a successful system that I bought from Dean Malone. I monitor 14 pairs and try to take trades that are not correlated: ie if I am in the EURUSD, I would not trade the GBPUSD even if there is a signal. However, if the AUDCAD or some other non correllated pair shows a signal, I would take that.

I am trying to expand my horizons. I want to expand to futures. This would give me many more uncorrelated vehicles to trade. I am a big believer in diversification.

Now: Question: MT4 platforms do not offer Futures. However, they do offer CFD's (Contract for Difference). My question is: do you think I can use the CFD charts as a close approximation for futures charting? This way, I will be able to use my MT4 indicators to monitor the CFD market. I am hoping the CFD market is a close proxy to the future's market. So, if a signal is given for the #ES, for example, I can go to a Future's broker and buy or sell the ES mini.

Let me add: I am mostly a swing trader, monitoring the 1H and 4H charts. These are larger time frames, so I think that would go towards helping to even out the minor (and transient) differences that may exist between the CFD and the Futures' charts.

Do you think this is doable? Do you think one could use CFD charts to trade the futures? As I said, I am having to do this because I have MT4 indicators that only work with MT4. And I live in the USA and cannot legally trade CFD's directly. I am just trying to find a way so that I can chart Futures with MT4 indicators. I really like my MT4 indicators and they are not on esignal since the proprietary owner did not write them for any other platform.

Does anyone think this is doable? Does anyone have any other suggestions?

thank you in advance.

Signed: Noble trader

CFD trading

Dear friends:

Would sombody tell me what is the difference between the CFD trading and the forex trading. what is the advantage of the CFD trading.

Regards

explanation

Contract for difference - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

CFD is also known as margin trading. You can trade forex when:

1. You actually posess the entire amount of money you trade (e.g. trading EURUSD 1 standard lot when you actually have in your account 100,000 USD)

2. You only have little money and you want to use your broker's leverage (e.g. you trade EURUSD 1 standard lot when you only have 5,000 USD in your account using say 1:50, 1:100 leverage). In this case your own money is used to cover the difference or better say variation in the value of what you just bought. If the variation is against your bet, your 5,000 USD margin covers that and pray you do not hit margin call .

Both of these scenarios can be forex trading.

Dividends for CFD

Dividends are of particular importance for CFD trading

Brokers provide info for forthcoming Dividends

but is there any place to catch Dividends of the past ?

Reason: