Help me test two EAs: Trend Rider & Extreme Scalper - page 2

Latest version of Trend-Rider

Well here's version 2 of Trend-Rider.

It has money management with a risk level parameter (from 1 to 5). Also note that the charts MUST be M1 and I've tried it on backtests for the 4 major currencies.

This version is much stable in my opinion because it has a stoploss value that it must meet, even though with money management, this stoploss value may be doubled tripled, etc., just like profits.

Go ahead and play with the parameters to see which ones suit the different pairs.

starting next week, I'll do some forward testing with it. It will be fun!

Files:

TrendRiderv1.1 and ExtremeScalper

I had attached these EA's and let them run on forward test.

I had tried different parameters, but the results weren't satisfactorily, so I stopped the test.

The figures speak for itself, so each comment is unnecessary.

I'm going to give a try to your latest version of TrendRider.

mamba22:
I had attached these EA's and let them run on forward test.

I had tried different parameters, but the results weren't satisfactorily, so I stopped the test.

The figures speak for itself, so each comment is unnecessary.

I'm going to give a try to your latest version of TrendRider.

Thanks for your great efforts.

I have also realized that not having any static stoploss to start the trade is not a good idea. So in version 2, the stoploss is as small as 20 pips and still produces good results in the backtests. The good thing is that money management could help better steer profits and minimize losses.

The results you posted clearly shows that the Trend-Rider needs lots of work. I'm working on an interesting concept that I'm trying to fine-tune and will hopefully post an updated version of Trend Rider with some optimized settings for specific pairs. Expect the newest version by Sunday so you can have a weeklong forward test to see how this one goes.

It's a learning process folks, and it's good to know you are helping out...

i_me

New version (v2.1)

Here's the version with optimized presets per pair. It automatically selects the -according to my humble backtests- optimized parameters for the different pairs. If you set 'optimized presets' to true, then you don't need to tamper with the stoploss or trailing point values as they are set automatically. If you wish to do your own optimization, please give me a hand and post the best presets here.

The presents within the EA are for all 12 pairs. ALL for M1 charts only!!

In the meantime, I know it's a weekend, so I decided to just post the new version any way for your backtesting pleasure.

please post any results you may have from backtest, particularly with/without money management and with high risks (could be up to 10 in risk factor).

Let's get the ball rolling. By Monday, I'll collect your feedback, and if necessary, send out a newly compiled/updated version based on your comments.

BTW, I along with a friend did a quick forward test on Friday and got good results. This looks promising guys

Files:

version 2.2 with optimized settings and enhanced profit locker

Thanks to the great efforts of many friends who sent their comments and optimized settings, and with their help, here's the updated version of Trend-Rider (v2.2).

It has built in optimized settings for all 12 pairs, plus some enhanced features to lock on to profit. Make sure you backtest it and see if the optimized values work on your broker's data. I found that some feeds don't match with what I have been using.

For me, it's time for some forward testing. Can't wait to see how it will go!!!

i recommend you go along with the current setup of 0.1 lot and true for optimized settings and money management. I'm testing with 1 risk, but if you are an adventurer, then you can go to higher risk numbers (up to 20).

I'll try to post forward test results soon. All backtest results were successful.

REMEMBER, it's M1 setup, but I don't know if it would work out for M5 or higher. It probably will, except that it may need optimized settings for those timeframes too.

Files:

Minor glitch

There was a minor glitch preventing v2.2 from processing orders in a demo account, here is the updated and corrected version v2.3 not to confuse them with each other.

Sorry for that and remember that forward testing will only reveal good results in at least a day or two. Don't panic if you find losing trades at the beginning.

Happy testing...

Files:

Here's a quick update about the results of the forward testing so far in the last 24 hours.

The EA acted relatively as expected, in closing orders on weak trends and allowing profits in strong trends to run. But I have a feeling I better make the trailing points as tight as possible to avoid a reversal of the trend before the "modify order" kicks in to avoid losing accomulated profit.

So far, the closed orders are all in loss. Total loss there is about -102 pips:

Most open orders right now are in profit, the total profit for open trades right now is about +252 pips:

So the total profit so far assuming trends are not reversed is about +150 pips in 24 hours. But I have noticed that the open orders had a steady increase of an average of 50 pips per a few hours. So I anticipate that it will continue to rise due to trailing stops being applied to the open orders so it could lock on to profit.

It may be too early to say that this EA is profitable, but I'll keep on updating you when ever possible.

Cheers

Do you think it would be more profitable to increase your lot size and trade only one pair like euro, instead of diversifying into so many different pairs?

forextrades:
Do you think it would be more profitable to increase your lot size and trade only one pair like euro, instead of diversifying into so many different pairs?

It may be. That's why we are testing

Here are my open trades. I'm just curious as to why some trades are one full lot and the others are one mini lot.

Files:
open_trades.bmp  222 kb
Reason: