The Holy Grail - What is it? - page 2

Xerof:
Good on you Basza....the years of hard work in setting yourself up with a technique that works for you is starting to pay off for you. Some advice from an old hand - don't fret if/when it seems to let you down - review the circumstances and adjust if required.

Niceguy - it indeed seems to be human nature to cut down success, probably due entirely because it is generated by the 90% of retail fx traders who demand to be told how to make money without doing their homework/setting their own personal trading rules/MM rules, and expecting those who do hand over their systems to underwrite success. When they find things don't quite work out, then out come the knives again, and once they have crucified someone for trying to be helpful, they drift off and repeat the process. In the meantime all they have achieved is a 'feelgood' factor at having 'proven' the system is crap (not for the originator, only for them), haven't learned anything themselves, and probably dropped another 20% of their capital. Keep it up you guys - the sooner you get off the threads and lose all your capital, the better.....

The worrying trend is that its now moving from threads to chat rooms as well - the lurkers and stalkers are forcing what used to be open forums into passworded closed shops, when the clear original intent of the originator is to genuinely attempt to assist others. Sad really, but there you are - human nature...lol

Xerof

Xerof, I couldn't agree with you more! There's a good example of how an innocent suggestion can result in an all-out war from these people on this forum. I was dismayed by the level of aggression and mud-slinging that keeps people stuck! See this thread. If this is the treatment people can expect on this forum, I'm outta here! I don't need this, and there are plenty of wonderful people out there benefitting from the technique.

Darn, I meant to put this somewhere else.....

niceguy777:
Darn, I meant to put this somewhere else.....

We wont miss your spam, thanks

Back to the original question "What is the Holy Grail"

This thread started out as an effort to define the Holy Grail. The original poster gave his and now here's my definition.

The Holy Grail is that system that too many noobies ( including me a few years ago) look for in the belief that it will make millions of dollars in an easy and short space of time.

It is the 'pot of gold' at the end of the rainbow. Thats right, it doesn't exist !!

Hi,

If you have come here to share some really profound deeply contemplated thoughts on the Forex market,, save your time and energy!!

Cheers

If you found the 'holy grail'.....

Hi everyone,

If you found a holy grail trading setup which was hugely accurate very profitable and consistent what would you do ? I know it sounds easy but would you....

1) Trade it as much as possible

2) Sell it

3) Share it for free

4) Any other answer.... please detail....

if it was 2) or 3) would you be worried about too many people using it affecting the market ?

Thanks for your feedback !

I know the answer seems easy and many of you will say 1) but even with a great accuracy and profitability would you find it easy to trade it live ? Please give it some thought

What is the definition of holy grail?????????

will it be 100% correct trading system???????Then it is not possible..........If it is the 80-90% correct then it may be possilbe.......I think............

ummm........I found a system which is trading good to me and it is a manual trading system.......last night it just up my capital 50% up.......I am trading with it in my demo so far and result is satisfactory.......

Lets see more and more...........

Let's say the system was 85-90% accurate with winners much bigger than losers.... across all markets and timeframes

The problem is that if you are hoping that a system or something is going to 'do it for you' you are missing one of the most important factors in trading success - you! Your mindset can screw up even the best systems!

Reason: