Triggerlines 4H Trading System - page 5

Here is a link with solar (no repaint but big delay) and a solar EA to test:

http://www.fxfisherman.com/forums/2904-post17.html

Files:

richx7:
The best way to trade trigger-solar I feel is using 15 & 30 min charts (1min and 5min in news) during regular trading hours (3am-11am NY), and an EA should include a timer that trades during those hours. It allows you to make a profit on choppy trading and news days. Trading outside those hours is normally a losing deal. You can use 1hr and 4hr charts for smoother trading if you wish too, but trading will be delayed and risk is higher with bigger drawdowns - you may get stopped out a lot more too. Triggerlines is the trading signal and look for confirmation from Solar Wind. You will find that Triggerlines will widen the distance between the 2 lines during good trading, and some will wait for that to trade. One woman who uses trigger on 15 min charts starting at 6am and waits for this widening reports few if any losses.

I haven't yet used this system on the 15-30m charts yet, I have watched it in these time frames but havn't traded on them yet. I am currently using the trigger lines and solarwind 1 & 2 (mostly one, though 2 is easier to see) on 4h charts, and I'm 10 trades in with no losses, all 50+ pip profits. I did take one loss because I closed the trade as I thought the trend was reversing and it in fact didn't. It did go against me a bit (where margin helps) but then it continued in the direction the indicators showed. BTW, the indicators never showed it reversing, it was my feelings and emotions that made me close the trade. I'm up close to 100 pips per each pair I'm playing right now (4 pairs). I really like this system and will continue to use it for trend plays. Once comfortable, I will allow myself to drop down to the 5-30 min charts and do small pip plays while my big trend play keeps going.

I have been testing Fisher_m11 for some time and find it is quite good with minimal delay set to 10 periods and smoothing of .3. It doesn't repaint previous bars and seems to follow the trends of triggerlines well.

Files:

Richx7

Since you have posted both SolarWind and Fischer, which one would you recommend that is consistent in providing good signals, and keep one on the right side of the trade?

et_phonehome_2:
Since you have posted both SolarWind and Fischer, which one would you recommend that is consistent in providing good signals, and keep one on the right side of the trade?

Both are useful but Fisher_m11 is probably best for most traders since it doesn't repaint previous bars. It has some delay on certain charts but overall gives signals like triggerlines and can be used for entry and exit. It could be used with Silver Trend Signal to give a very good strategy.

richx7:
I have been testing Fisher_m11 for some time and find it is quite good with minimal delay set to 10 periods and smoothing of .3. It doesn't repaint previous bars and seems to follow the trends of triggerlines well.

hi i have a question you say you set smoothing to .3 which smoothing price or index or both??

thx

richx7:
Here is a link with solar (no repaint but big delay) and a solar EA to test: http://www.fxfisherman.com/forums/2904-post17.html

I tried this EA on Friday and found it only brought (Buy) and did not sell on red trigger lines. ( 4hr chart )

I was woundering if anyone else has seen this or is there something I am doing wrong?

Thanks in advance

If Fisher lags 10 bars behind, why would anyone want to use it? I have read in other forums where many have said its useless to trade with. Anyone have any input on this?

Have anyone any results from using this system in backtests and forward tests?

The EA testing results wasn't very good - I don't recommend it myself. I forward tested it and the result was a loss. The trend has been in buying so there has been no selling recently. Fisher m11 set at .3 smooth (both) does not repaint but uses past data to average out choppy trading. I think that an EA based on Fisher m11 set to longer periods could be very profitable, but none is available so far.

The delay that results is minimal on most charts, and I have found FishM11 to be quite useful - setting periods to 50 can give entries exits for longer term trading with minimal delay. If you set smoothing on both to 0 you will see the choppy unuseable display. Solarwind does repaint previous bars which some like, but I prefer Fisher m11 myself which doesn't and can be used for live trading. The screen shows GBP US 30min with M11 set to 50 periods showing good trading signals.

Files:
Reason: