Help needed with alert display function! - page 2

attach the expert to a message or give me a link to the one you have so i can dload it

Here it is.

Thanks for looking at it! I test it on the 5 minute graphs. It is designed for the 1 Hour graphs with different MinDistCross value (7). P.S. The alert function is at the very bottom of the coding!

Files:

LowPhat, the alert display is sort of working. I will keep testing it.

When I compiled the program which updates the graphs, the graphs must have taken a very long time to update. There is hope yet. If you can, check over the start and stop function. I went in the dictionary and nothing relates to the variable statements he uses, and none of the statements are used in the rest of the program - This confuses me. I would think UseHourTrade, StartHour and EndHour would be defined in the Meta-editor dictionary - It is not. So what phrase or statement would be turning on or shutting off the program??

Dave

<<

LowPhat, alert display now working exactly as I want it. I am still concerned about shutting the program on and off at various hours since the variables and statements are not used in the rest of the program except to display a comment "Non Trading Hours", and they are not defined variables or statements in the Meta-Editor dictionary. It seems to me he lacked the knowledge or coding to finish the function. I could be wrong??

Dave 77

if UseHourTrade is set to true in properties it will trigger the hours code

if(!(Hour()>=StartHour && Hour()<=EndHour))

if hour is NOT more or exactly StartHour or less than EndHour then dont execute anymore code. and starthour and endhour= whatever numbers you put in properties. so its just shutting off the code if the hours are not between StartHour-Endhour and the rest of the trading code follows so nothing should get executed. It looks fine to me but if your worried run a backtest with the settings you want and see if it executes a buy or sell in the hours you tell it not to.

Lowphat teh l337 n00beh Hax0rzz

I see now how this works. I was wondering what was going to stop the code execution - Dah!! This has been a good night of progress. I have 2 issues to fix and this EA will be fully up and running.

1) On the alert display. I will need to have the new alert statement to include a conditional statement for when the program actually places a trade. I think it has to do with if(ordertype==OP_BUY) or something like that. Presently, false crossovers will trigger the alerts also.

New Revised Coding As Of Tonight:

if(type=="UP") Alert (Symbol()," - ", "Moving Average Cross UP !");

if(type=="DOWN") Alert (Symbol()," - ", "Moving Average Cross DOWN !");

2) How to Link another indicator, like the momentum(14) indicator value to the logic as a condition to place a trade.

If I can get these two issues resolved, I believe this will be a very powerful money making EA.

If you would care to help me in this endeavor, I would appreciate it, plus, you will end up having a very powerful EA.

Dave

<

LowPhat, I think I resolved issue #1. By switching out if(type=="UP") with if(type=="Buy") it will alert me to when an actual trade takes place that has been filtered for false crossovers - This is more important than if a crossover has taken place, since there are many false crossovers. Testing will tell if I am right or not.

Then onto issue #2 - Indicator filter. Time to shut down for the night. Thanks again!

Dave

<<

Reason: