Nonlagging Tools - page 7

pipeline:
Hi,

Someone asked in another thread about the Histogram version of the Absolute Strenght indicator, so here it is. Mode_Histo 3 & 4 ( & 1 if i remember) show basically the same thing. Mode_Histo 2 is a bit counter intuitive, and doesn t look good.

It wasn t meant as a "final" histo product, so if someone feels like it, there s room for improvment and code cleaning.

thanks for this histogram version, its much more easier to read!

Ironic

pipeline:
Hi,

Someone asked in another thread about the Histogram version of the Absolute Strenght indicator, so here it is. Mode_Histo 3 & 4 ( & 1 if i remember) show basically the same thing. Mode_Histo 2 is a bit counter intuitive, and doesn t look good.

It wasn t meant as a "final" histo product, so if someone feels like it, there s room for improvment and code cleaning.

Scary for you, but I was thinking along the same lines and converted it to histogram. I took it a step further and plotted the difference between the bulls and bears as the two confused me.

Who can create a EA of this indicator?

Hi,

I've added 2 options to AbsoluteStrength :

- ADX method of calculation of Bulls & Bears Strength (Mode=2)

- possibility to plot OverBought & OverSold Levels (better use with Bulls)

Igor

igorad:
Hi,

I've added 2 options to AbsoluteStrength :

- ADX method of calculation of Bulls & Bears Strength (Mode=2)

- possibility to plot OverBought & OverSold Levels (better use with Bulls)

Igor

How to use this "OverBought & OverSold Levels"?

It is necessary to type the price or indicator's level?

Try to input for example OverBought = 70 and OverSold = 30.

Non Lag expert?

Could someone help me with this system?

I would like to use the Non Lag MA of two different time periods and be able to select close, open, hi, lo. Non Lag MA is in first post

Thanks,

Al

garciaal:
Could someone help me with this system?

I would like to use the Non Lag MA of two different time periods and be able to select close, open, hi, lo. Non Lag MA is in first post

Thanks,

Al

I created very simple EA based on NonLagMA but it can not be backtested because of NonLagMA indicator. It can but very difficult. I think this NonLagMA indicator should be fixed concerning all the bars counting better backtesting. Because i even can not post EA without backtesting.

Help with NonLagMa EA

Hi Newdigital,

As always thanks for the great job you do on this forum.

Can you help me with an EA question. I have been trying to write an EA with the NonLagMA_v5 but I am not having any luck getting my EA to recognise the values the indicator puts out(obviously I have no coding experience, I just look at other peoples and put in my own bits.) I copied this from an ASCtrend EA (which didnt work properly).

int NonLagMA() {

double Trend=iCustom(NULL,0,"NonLagMA_v5",0,100,0,0,1,0,0.0,4,0);

if (Trend>0) return(1); // up

if (Trend<0) return(2); // down

if (Trend==0) return(3); // flat

}

Can you tell me the correct way to get this to work? I stuck this into the simplest EA I could but it wouldnt work. I have tried other indicators in this EA and it works fine.

thanks again

waltini

waltini:
Hi Newdigital,

As always thanks for the great job you do on this forum.

Can you help me with an EA question. I have been trying to write an EA with the NonLagMA_v5 but I am not having any luck getting my EA to recognise the values the indicator puts out(obviously I have no coding experience, I just look at other peoples and put in my own bits.) I copied this from an ASCtrend EA (which didnt work properly).

int NonLagMA() {

double Trend=iCustom(NULL,0,"NonLagMA_v5",0,100,0,0,1,0,0.0,4,0);

if (Trend>0) return(1); // up

if (Trend<0) return(2); // down

if (Trend==0) return(3); // flat

}

Can you tell me the correct way to get this to work? I stuck this into the simplest EA I could but it wouldnt work. I have tried other indicators in this EA and it works fine.

thanks again

waltini

First you should write the following:

double diNonLagNonTrade=iCustom(NULL,0,"NonLagMA_v5",Price,Length,Displace,Filter,Color,ColorBarBack,Deviation,0,2);

double d23=(0);

double diNonLagUp=iCustom(NULL,0,"NonLagMA_v5",Price,Length,Displace,Filter,Color,ColorBarBack,Deviation,1,1);

double diNonLagDown=iCustom(NULL,0,"NonLagMA_v5",Price,Length,Displace,Filter,Color,ColorBarBack,Deviation,2,1);

double d24=(0);[/CODE]

Then the following:

if (diNonLagUp>0 && ....){

OpenBuy();

return(0);

}

if (diNonLagDown>0 ...){

OpenSell();

return(0);[/CODE]

It is how to use NonLag as a filter. It means that you will need some signal indicator to open the ordes and NonLagMA indicator is acting as a filter only.

The other way to use Nonlag is the following:

if (diNonLagUp > 0 && diNonLagDown1 > 0){

OpenBuy();

return(0);

}

if (diNonLagDown > 0 && diNonLagUp1 > 0 ){

OpenSell();

return(0);[/CODE]

This way means that you open the order in the time when NonlagMA is changing the color.

The other way to use NonLag indicator is for closing the orders:

if ((diNonLagDown > 0 && diNonLagDown1 < 0 )){

CloseBuy();[/CODE]

if ((diNonLagUp > 0 && diNonLagUp1 < 0)){

CloseSell();[/CODE]

Just for example NonLagMA with RSIFilter indicator:

[CODE]double diRSIFilterup=iCustom(NULL,0,"RSIFilter_v1",PeriodRSI,0,1);

double diRSIFilterdown=iCustom(NULL,0,"RSIFilter_v1",PeriodRSI,1,1);

double d22=(0);
[CODE]if ((diRSIFilterup>d22 && diNonLagUp > 0 && diNonLagDown1 > 0)){

OpenBuy();

return(0);

[CODE]if ((diRSIFilterdown 0 && diNonLagUp1 > 0 )){

OpenSell();

return(0);

How can you know what I wrote here?

Very easy.

You see that diNonLagDown > 0 (for example).

So what the diNonLagDown is? Look at the icustom function:

[CODE]double diNonLagDown=iCustom(NULL,0,"NonLagMA_v5",Price,Length,Displace,Filter,Color,ColorBarBack,Deviation,2,1);

It means that diNonLagDown is

- value of NonLagMA_v5 indicator ("NonLagMA_v5"),

- for your chart currency (NULL),

- for timeframe of your chart (0),

- with the settings (Price,Length,Displace,Filter,Color,ColorBarBack,Deviation),

- line number 2 (2)

- and for the 1st bar (1) - current bar is opened and first bar was closed already).

How do you know the line number and which number?

Very easy. Open the indicator NonLagMA_v5 in MetaEditor and count the colors starting from zero (0):

[CODE]#property indicator_color1 Orange //line No. 0.

#property indicator_width1 2

#property indicator_color2 SkyBlue // line No.1.

#property indicator_width2 2

#property indicator_color3 Tomato // line number 2.

#property indicator_width3 2
Reason: