Coding help - page 737

vicpal69:

Hello mladen sir :D Thank you for the response. I appreciate it. Check out this link https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/152520

The guy there states "Make a new indicator from the "applied to" indicator code and replace its "get price" logic with iCustom/iMA/etc. of the "previous indicator"."

Another link about iCustom function in MT4 https://docs.mql4.com/indicators/icustom

iCustom is from the group of Technical Indicator Functions that supposedly calculates the specified custom indicator and returns its value.

Or possibly just by coding a totally new custom indicator with J_TPO or Fast Stochastic values that uses the other custom indicator CumulativeDelta instead of the price.

Maybe this can bypass the apply to previous indicator function that's only in MT5.

Would this be possible or even makes sense mladen sir?

Please shed some light on this with your programming wisdom. Thank you very much :D

Sorry, but I fail to see what does that have with your question

First of all : EA can not be applied to any other value but to the value it is coded for. Do not mix EAs with indicators (but I surely would like to see where an EA can have the "apply to" option)

Second : please read the following thread regarding iCustom() https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/173108

Third : if you want an advice and then you refuse to accept the answer, then I wish you a all the luck you can get

The last  - I will repeat once again : you can not have an option to apply indicator to previous indicators data in metatrader 4.

mladen:

Sorry, but I fail to see what does that have with your question

First of all : EA can not be applied to any other value but to the value it is coded for. Do not mix EAs with indicators (but I surely would like to see where an EA can have the "apply to" option)

Second : please read the following thread regarding iCustom() https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/173108

Third : if you want an advice and then you refuse to accept the answer, then I wish you a all the luck you can get

The last  - I will repeat once again : you can not have an option to apply indicator to previous indicators data in metatrader 4.

I apologize for the stupid further inquiry. I totally will heed your advice and accept wholly to your logical answer. Sorry for coming across in questioning your coding experience. I will take note for future questions and will be more careful especially in asking you for answers.  I hope you were not annoyed.

I will put this discussion to bed. Again I appreciate and value your time for taking the time to respond. Respect to you and cheers bro. Let's move on :)

t
vicpal69:

I apologize for the stupid further inquiry. I totally will heed your advice and accept wholly to your logical answer. Sorry for coming across in questioning your coding experience. I will take note for future questions and will be more careful especially in asking you for answers.  I hope you were not annoyed.

I will put this discussion to bed. Again I appreciate and value your time for taking the time to respond. Respect to you and cheers bro. Let's move on :)

Now I fail to understand even less ...

Annoyed? Where did you get that impression from?. I am reading and re-reading my post, and all I was doing is a as simple as it gets attempt to explain what one can and what one can not do using metatrader4 (and mql4). If you consider an explanation as a reason to treat the answer on emotional basis, than I am sorry. And where exactly did you "question my coding expertise" and my "programming wisdom" (which would include some example showing that what I told is not correct)?

And now I have a question for you : after all these years of people using metatrader 4, why do you think there is still not a single indicator that can do what you have asked in your original question? Regardless of millions of users having similar ideas thousands and thousands of good coders trying to do exactly that.

mladen:
Try it out

It loads but no indication its shown on the chart or working.

Can we try again??

Thanks

Ray

traderduke:

It loads but no indication its shown on the chart or working.

Can we try again??

Thanks

Ray

Open the offline chart

mladen:
t

Now I fail to understand even less ...

Annoyed? Where did you get that impression from?. I am reading and re-reading my post, and all I was doing is a as simple as it gets attempt to explain what one can and what one can not do using metatrader4 (and mql4). If you consider an explanation as a reason to treat the answer on emotional basis, than I am sorry. And where exactly did you "question my coding expertise" and my "programming wisdom" (which would include some example showing that what I told is not correct)?

And now I have a question for you : after all these years of people using metatrader 4, why do you think there is still not a single indicator that can do what you have asked in your original question? Regardless of millions of users having similar ideas thousands and thousands of good coders trying to do exactly that.

Yea you're right man. All you're doing was simply explaining to me what MT4/MQL4 can and can't do. I don't consider questions/explanations/answers in regards to trading on emotional basis. I wouldn't be profitable enough in the last decade if I was too emotionally invested when it comes to or anything to do with trading stuff.

Again you're absolutely right, I haven't got anything, anywhere to question your expertise nor your programming wisdom. I don't have any example to provide because you are totally correct. I apologize.

As for your question, it's because of MT4 platform's limitations.

By the way. Good news, during my research I found a coder who was able to successfully developed a simple indicator calculating WPR indi's formula on his MT4 VolumeDelta indi (tick of course). This is as close as I can get to what I need. Potentially J_TPO or Fast Stoch shouldn't be an issue he says. I'm not sure what his work around the MT4's limitation but he's willing to let me test the WPR indi's value based on the Delta parameters and values instead of price itself only.

If it doesn't or is not what I'm looking for my trading strategy during the test, then I will move on to a more costly but more robust combination of NinjaTrader and Sierra Charts.

Anyways thanks for your input earlier. I really appreciate it. Take care and cheers man!! Good trading to you sir :D

mladen:
Open the offline chart

mladen

its still not working or showing up in the offline, see Chart for Tallinex Broker Build 1010.

Ray

traderduke:

mladen

its still not working or showing up in the offline, see Chart for Tallinex Broker Build 1010.

Ray

Judging from your settings, you have to open a "2 minute" time frame

Professor mladen,

I have been trying to make mtf out of your recursive smoothed stochastic.

Please, be so kind as to check it up; from my point of view the indicator is working fine in mtf mode.

And, as it's only the work of the copycat (me being a copycat), there must be some bugs in the mtf code.

2016.12.20  # 7347

Младен! Можно сделать этот индикатор мтф? 

ATTENTION: Video should be reuploaded
 РСИ-tc_new__1.mq4
Reason: