Coding help - page 475

Jason2005:
Hi there Mladen,

With this indicator, pz-oscillator, I would like to integrate it inside my EA. But I can't figure out the conditions I have to use.

The rule is : take trade when pz changes from red to blue and vice versa. Thanks!

Jason2005

Do the following :

if the 1st buffer is not equal to zero and previous value of 1st buffer was zero -> it is signal for up trend change

if the 2nd buffer is not equal to zero and previous value of 2nd buffer was zero -> it is signal for down trend change

mladen:
Jason2005

Do the following :

if the 1st buffer is not equal to zero and previous value of 1st buffer was zero -> it is signal for up trend change

if the 2nd buffer is not equal to zero and previous value of 2nd buffer was zero -> it is signal for down trend change

You're a genius Mladen!!! Thank you so much!!!

Hello Mladen - have I offended thee or stumped thee again ? - just being politely persistent - no harm meant

Re: Coding help

Hope you didn't forget me - I know you are busy - just trying to be politely persistent - my last post was done incorrectly - my apologies...............................

Re: Coding help

Just checking in for an update on this - as always, thanks for your help............................

Good morning and thanks for your quick response. The page you directed me to has some interesting things in it but is not exactly what I need. Let me better explain....swing 1 of the zig/zag is 60 pips from top to bottom - swing 2 is 44 pips from top to bottom - swing 3 is 106 pips from top to bottom - swing 4 is 86 pips from top to bottom - the current swing is still active and adjusting to price. What I want to do is to have an indicator that will give the average number of pips of the last 4 completed swings as a number displayed on the chart. No need to see the zig/zag indy displayed on chart - just need the average of last "X" swings displayed. In the example above the indicator give me a reading of "74" ( 60+44+106+86 divided by 4 ) Hope this better explains it. Thanks in advance again.

mladen:
There was one error that could cause problems. Check it now : gann_sq9_mxi_nmc.mq4

https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/174385/page316

hello, no it is removing drawn harmoni shapes from ZUP indicator as soon as loaded onto a chart.

Can you understand it? I will ask over on thread harmonic thread i probably got from there long time back, it may be in russian...

Mladen & other coding experts,

Im using the ZZ Semafor. However, Im using it on stocks as well. Since i track many stocks i cant track which ones are painting a 3 level semafor. Could any add an alert which will give a pop up every time a 3rd level is painted on the hourly and daily TF. I understand this indicator repaints which is fine as i use it with other tool.

Appreciate your time and effort.

Attached is the code.

Thanks Cas

Files:

zigflip:
https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/174385/page316

hello, no it is removing drawn harmoni shapes from ZUP indicator as soon as loaded onto a chart.

Can you understand it? I will ask over on thread harmonic thread i probably got from there long time back, it may be in russian...

In that case the names of objects are repeating

Try changing the "Complect" parameter

mladen:
In that case the names of objects are repeating Try changing the "Complect" parameter

Changing the "Complect" parameter is not having any effect, zup objects are still removed as soon as this is loaded, and reappear after it is removed and Tf changed/chart reloaded.

zigflip:
Changing the "Complect" parameter is not having any effect, zup objects are still removed as soon as this is loaded, and reappear after it is removed and Tf changed/chart reloaded.

This is what I get when I place zup 150 with gann sq9 mxi nmc indicator on the same chart :

Files:
zup__gann.gif  112 kb

Master Mladen,

Good day. I know you are a busy busy guy trying to help people as much. Whenever you have a few mins could you kindly help me coding a alert for the zz semafor.

Thanks again so much

Casa:
Mladen & other coding experts,

Im using the ZZ Semafor. However, Im using it on stocks as well. Since i track many stocks i cant track which ones are painting a 3 level semafor. Could any add an alert which will give a pop up every time a 3rd level is painted on the hourly and daily TF. I understand this indicator repaints which is fine as i use it with other tool.

Appreciate your time and effort.

Attached is the code.

Thanks Cas

Casa:
Master Mladen,

Good day. I know you are a busy busy guy trying to help people as much. Whenever you have a few mins could you kindly help me coding a alert for the zz semafor.

Thanks again so much

As you know, ZigZag can and will repaint

Using alerts (popups) as a signal on a repainting indicator is a very dangerous thing to do and that is the reason why long time ago I decided not to make them - as far as I am concerned it is better not to make alerts on such indicator, then to have to explain later, to people that are not familiar with the reasons why some alerts are added, why are they given signals on a recalculating indicator

regards

Reason: