Coding help - page 447

morenokosta:
Here explain him/it enough bene,(https://www.mql5.com/en/articles/1573s) I would not know coma to explain him/it. unfortunately this doesn't work

morenokosta

That is a commitment of traders data

COT data ids published once a week (usually on Friday - if there is no some holiday) and is valid only for weekly period (+ COT data is collected till Wednesday and then it is published on Friday)

I think it is better that you read this first : Commitments of Traders - CFTC since COT can not be used as regular indicator but has its rules how it should be interpreted - what is told at that article there is more or less sumarized in their attempt to trade it - see the results they had

mladen:
morenokosta

That is a commitment of traders data

COT data ids published once a week (usually on Friday - if there is no some holiday) and is valid only for weekly period (+ COT data is collected till Wednesday and then it is published on Friday)

I think it is better that you read this first : Commitments of Traders - CFTC since COT can not be used as regular indicator but has its rules how it should be interpreted - what is told at that article there is more or less sumarized in their attempt to trade it - see the results they had

I thought about having found the solution of my problems: -) unfortunately the English I don't understand him/it, use a simultaneous translator that is not perfect and what there is written I had not understood him/it, yet there are some hundred sites web that this service also offers in subscription to make trading intraday, they don't understand as is able stingy the data in real time... they probably sell smoke. Mladen I thank a lot you for your availability and excuse the trouble

morenokosta:
I thought about having found the solution of my problems: -) unfortunately the English I don't understand him/it, use a simultaneous translator that is not perfect and what there is written I had not understood him/it, yet there are some hundred sites web that this service also offers in subscription to make trading intraday, they don't understand as is able stingy the data in real time... they probably sell smoke. Mladen I thank a lot you for your availability and excuse the trouble

You can use that link (the COT data link) because it helps to know for at least 3 days what are the traders commitments. But since we do not see those on daily basis. always take that information "with a grain of salt"

mladen:
No "normal" way Try getting the values from buffers to some buffer that you will display (in a separate window, for example). If you see values, than the buffer is in use

How can I differ from values if the buffer exist or not?

apprentice coder:
How can I differ from values if the buffer exist or not?

well, not sure method for that (since metatrader returns 0 if the indicator buffer does not exist and the GetLastError is 0 too). You will have to do a guesswork in those cases

Hi mladen...I was so proud of myself when I altered the attached indicator from '5 Days' to '7 Days'. It compiled fine (Just one warning), but it refuses to appear on the chart ! Would you give it a look over for me please?

Wooops. The 7 days version will not upload!

Files:
5days.mq4  3 kb

Jeeves:
Hi mladen...I was so proud of myself when I altered the attached indicator from '5 Days' to '7 Days'. It compiled fine (Just one warning), but it refuses to appear on the chart ! Would you give it a look over for me please? Wooops. The 7 days version will not upload!

Jeeves

Try to upload it so that we can check why doesn't it appear on chart (there should be no reason why it does not upload - try renaming it if it still does not upload and then upload it)

I'm getting good at this,,,,managed to upload !

Files:
7days.mq4  3 kb

Jeeves:
I'm getting good at this,,,,managed to upload !

Jeeves

Try it out now (don't forget to set the "showDay(nnn)" parameters for the days you want to be displayed, since all are set to false by default, and if that is not changed, nothing shall be displayed) : 7days_1.mq4

Files:
7days_1.mq4  3 kb

Now that there is a new mt4,is there also a new method of coding or the old method still works. I want to lean coding pls were do I start from

Reason: