Coding help - page 270

OK.

Thank you very much, Mladen!

hello,

I have a problem with this indicator... when I'm adding it to the chart, next time when I'm opening MT4 it disappears... what's the problem?

Files:

freakout:
hello, I have a problem with this indicator... when I'm adding it to the chart, next time when I'm opening MT4 it disappears... what's the problem?

Try it out now : i-profittracker_1.mq4

Files:

mladen:
Try it out now : i-profittracker_1.mq4

problem fixed! thank you :-)

mladen:
airquest It has to be recoded to enable you to do that. But in that case dynamic zone values are going to be in front of the main value

Would you mind to do it and post it in elite or advance section ? I'll get it then. As for myseilf, no worries for DZ being in the front. Please let me know where it has been posted. Thanks a lot.

Bat.file issue

Hi !

I would like my custom indicator to run a bat.file whenever a signal is present.I know that this is possible with EA but I do not know if this will work with custom indicator.

Is there need to make a big change to the code itself generally or is it sufficient changes like in Terminal tab /Alert editor/File download and some changes in the indicator to execute the bat.file. I am referring here to functions like PlaySound and SendMail.

Has anyone done a similar? http://live-forextsd.netdna-ssl.com/images/smilies/rolleyes2.gif

ForexHill:
Hi !

I would like my custom indicator to run a bat.file whenever a signal is present.I know that this is possible with EA but I do not know if this will work with custom indicator.

Is there need to make a big change to the code itself generally or is it sufficient changes like in Terminal tab /Alert editor/File download and some changes in the indicator to execute the bat.file. I am referring here to functions like PlaySound and SendMail.

Has anyone done a similar? http://live-forextsd.netdna-ssl.com/images/smilies/rolleyes2.gif

You have to use ShellExecuteA() or ShellExecuteW() windows API function from shel32.dll for that. There is no equivalent in MQL for that

airquest:
Would you mind to do it and post it in elite or advance section ? I'll get it then. As for myseilf, no worries for DZ being in the front. Please let me know where it has been posted. Thanks a lot.

Airquest posted one here: https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/general

mladen:
That version must be compiled using the new metatrader 4 Here is a version that can be compiled using build 509 too (so it will compile OK on a new metatrader 4 as well as on the old one) : symbols_ratios_1.mq4

Dear MLaden,

May i know if i can write condition based on the bolinger band of symbol ratios?

For example, long signal forms when price breaches lower bolinger band

short signal forms when price breaches upper bolinger band?

tkz883:
Dear MLaden,

May i know if i can write condition based on the bolinger band of symbol ratios?

For example, long signal forms when price breaches lower bolinger band

short signal forms when price breaches upper bolinger band?

Tkz883, maybe try this indicator.

Files:
Reason: