New EA request - page 2

lowphat:
zigzag does autocorrect itself so if you post a pic using zig its not showing how it truly drew itself. i havent checked ZigZag Pointer.mq4 personaly so it may not suffer but most stuffs based on zig does.

FX_Hedger, lowphat is correct, the zigzag pointer is not a consistent pointer, what i study with this indicator's character is it using High[Highest... and Low[Lowest... which mean.. if the arrow appear and then in next bar there ara more Highest/Lowest Level, the arrow will autocorrect.

This is rather risky, if you want to make things automatically, because EA would execute Order(s) when every rules are confirm... there are no times to indicator to make any correction if the give a false signal.

Do you notice this problem before ? How's your opinion ?

Correct!! However...

viktoriwan:
FX_Hedger, lowphat is correct, the zigzag pointer is not a consistent pointer, what i study with this indicator's character is it using High[Highest... and Low[Lowest... which mean.. if the arrow appear and then in next bar there ara more Highest/Lowest Level, the arrow will autocorrect.

This is rather risky, if you want to make things automatically, because EA would execute Order(s) when every rules are confirm... there are no times to indicator to make any correction if the give a false signal.

Do you notice this problem before ? How's your opinion ?

Yes, both of you are correct. The Zigzag pointer does correct it's signals. However by using trailing orders above and below previous candle of signal, we are able to keep moving orders till it actually finds the highest high and we catch the turning point. Also the Re-entry of the next candle into the Bollinger band works in some cases.

Using the SS indicator and the others I have attached and mentioned. we are able to only trade from the highest and lowest point. After all that's the ideal entry.

But Like I said on my system description, It needs further improvements and we need to play around with it to find better ways to only enter the Highest and lowest points.

I hope you will find my logic acceptable and help me develop this system further.

Thank you all.

viktoriwan:
FX-Hedger,

does Kalenzo already contact you regarding his development progress ? well, if on Wednesday there are no EA produce, you can contact me.. let's make this strategy works little bit automatically... i just don't want to 're-invent the wheel' with Kalenzo does.. i better do something to improve (if any) when the EA produces.. so i register to team-up with you, kalenzo, and other programmers to produce this strategy become an EA.

Vic

There you go... message from Kalenzo! You are welcome to make this EA. Every Programmer has there own way of programming and they all seem to have different results.

I wanted to improve the system by adding a few more filters.

I think if you can write a custom Indicator first. I was thinking of making the signals more reliable by using Fibo Zone, Pivot Lines, and Shi-Channel true, to know of the accuracy of the turning points. Though the signals are quite good now, but these filters may make it better.

Let me know your thoughts.

Updated indicator

Hello Everyone,

I've updated the SHI_channel_true indicator. I posted the wrong version earlier by mistake.

Sorry.

FX-Hedger:
Hello Everyone,

I've updated the SHI_channel_true indicator. I posted the wrong version earlier by mistake.

Sorry.

Pease attach the updated version.Thanks.

Here you are..

tirou:
Pease attach the updated version.Thanks.

I edited and re-uploaded on my privious post.

But here you are again.

Files:

ah as per your instructions in post 4

have you foward tested this much?

Forward Testing...

lowphat:
ah as per your instructions in post 4 have you foward tested this much?

Hello Lowphat,

I did some forward testing last month on a demo account with some good and mixed results. I saw good potential for this system. So I then started to modify it and to isolate correct signals.

But I soon realised that I was going to need more indicators and some automation in making it work. Hence my posts.

As I said before, please play with it and change the parameters and trade with it and see. I am sure you will see the potential.

Thanks.

Test Results

Hello! Everyone,

If you are testing this system manualy then please post your results.

Thank you.

FX-Hedger:
Hello! Everyone,

If you are testing this system manualy then please post your results.

Thank you.

Sorry to make you waiting... i suggest you think about create new thread with the system name, so we would have more input to make this system works.... anyway.. this week i had a lot works to do..so i have so little time to do trading... i try to catch up on this weekend...

Reason: