ATR Trailing Stop - Help - page 7

ATR Stop parameters

Hi all

Is anyone able to guess what are the ATR Stop parameters for the attached chart?

Cheers

Colin

Files:

ATR 5 digit enhancements

Dear colleagues,

can someone improve the ATR indicator to be able to calculate ranges for 5 digit currency quotations? So it would be possible to count a move from 1.30785 to 1.30791 as a .6 range and not as 1. I have included the original version in attachment. Further development follows, contributors will be thanked/vouched.

Kindest regards!

Files:
atr.mq4  3 kb

ATR Indicator - Change To 5 Digits

Palamochenko:
Dear colleagues,

can someone improve the ATR indicator to be able to calculate ranges for 5 digit currency quotations? So it would be possible to count a move from 1.30785 to 1.30791 as a .6 range and not as 1. I have included the original version in attachment. Further development follows, contributors will be thanked/vouched.

Kindest regards!

Hi Palamochenko,

The values you show above look like Price Quotes...and not ATR values?

The ATR is a RANGE indicator...not a Price indicator. It shows the difference between high's and low's depending on your settings.

If your Price is 1.30785...the ATR range may be something like 0.0026 (or 0.00259 for 5 digits). See the attached screen shot.

Since you promised to share your "further developments", I'm curious as to how you plan to use the 5 digit ATR indicator...so I went ahead and added the 5 digit code for the ATR indicator for you.

Hope this helps,

Robert

Files:

ATR Stop Loss still has got problems

Hi everybody,

Igorad, some years ago did post an indicator named ATR Stop loss.

Very great job. And congrats to Igor. there is a great problem : this indicator arrived at eleventh version . v11.1 ( see attached ) but the same problem was still not fixed!!!See second attachement, a snapshot.

Explanation: This is not a true ATR Stop loss that touched by price didn't change color / mode ( from down to up and viceversa). see the central part of snapshot, where a few times price hits indicator and ... nothing happens. Pay attention : it overtakes the Stop loss line far more than only 1 pip . about 2 pips and... nothing happens!

Did someone know a version who fixed this problem?

Regards,

Tigrotto

tigrotto:
Hi to all,

does anybody have the MT4 code for what MTPredictor uses as ATR STOP loss with ratchet? See attached file, please.

Not use to tell me it'here on this site, because it istn't! I checked it up!

thanks,

Tigrotto

Hi Tigrotto,

Have you found anything re subject above?

rgds

bqb

No, i didn't find.

tigrotto:
No, i didn't find.

I've found it ! On our forum.

rgds

bqb

Hi Baqba,

Thanks for your posting here.

Due to your very high delay in answering my post, meanwhile I just solved the problem . I found the program I've searched for many time. By the way... both your file have a great practical error!!! I kindly advise you all prior to post check it again and again and again! unless you trade only DEMO, that means not trading .

Tigrotto

My ATR-based spike alert needs some mods

Hello everyone. Much help is needed please

I programmed this very basic ATR-based spike alert. The premise is that it alerts you when there's a spike. Spike is defined when the ATR of 1 bar is x times the ATR or 60 bars. When that happens, the alert pops up and the sound goes off, also the results are printed in the experts journal. Some help is needed though please.

I want the file to be changed to an indicator. Right now it's an EA. Is this possible? Even with the sound, and the alert can it be just an indicator?

Also - I set up my mt4 to visually show me the spike as well. The EA runs fine on a blank chart, but I also set up ATR(1) and ATR(60) so that when a spike happens I can look at the two lines to see. Is there a way this can be converted to an indicator to work as designed, but also when the indicator is loaded, the 2 ATR lines show up at the bottom as well so we can see this visually. The point is to distribute this to people who can load this as easily as possible.

Thanks for any help!!!!!!

Files:

My customized ATR trailing stop

here is the ATR trailing stop that I am using.

hpt_-_atr_trend.mq4

Files:
Reason: