Universal MA Cross EA - page 33

Response to 169714

fxsterling:
This universal MA is an excellent EA and I very much appreciate it for my trading. I've been trading it with one hour time frame with a 15 ema crossing the 25 ema on the EUR/JPY with a 2 to 1 ratio. Which means I set a 50 pip take profit and a 25 pip stop loss. This has worked out great and about 50% winners. The only thing I notice is the EA will sometimes make several entries on the same cross. How do I get the ea to only make 1 trade per cross, until it gets to the next cross? I use a very light progression of lots with this ( a very slow progression is all that's needed because of the 2 to 1 ratio) I also give a 6 pip minumum to cross before it'll make a trade. How can I ensure it only makes one trade per cross and how do I set that up on the EA? Thanks alot , because I do have a winning system for everyone. Thanks, Ron

You must set your MaxLookUp to zero so that it disables this feature. Otherwise, it will open a new trade after your profit target is hit or your stop loss is hit as long as there is no cross in the opposite direction and you have not exceeded the amount of candles for your MaxLookUp. For examples, say you set MaxLookUp to 6, but your trades hits the take profit on the 3rd candle after the cross occurs. The EA would open up a new trade in the same direction of the one that just closed when the 4th candle opens because you still have not exceeded the 6th candle of your MaxLookUp.

Hope this makes sense.

Magic Number?

I need to work with this EA on different pairs to the same time on my screen, with same settings. Have i changed the magic number manuell for every pair, or can i hold the settings for the magic number?

For example: EUR/USD-Magic number 1234, GBP/USD-Magic number 1235.

Sorry for my unprofessional english.

Thanks for your effort.

Patona

@ wainernegocios: -2 shift wont work in forward test/actual use, because that would mean having early cross after candle makes a move and actually signals that cross. But looks great on backtest. )))))

@ patona: magic number does not need changing if u use EA only once per each pair in one MT4 platform - 1234 EURUSD, 1234 GBPUSD... If u want EA on same pair within same platform, change magic number - 1234 EURUSD, 1235 EURUSD, 1234 GBPUSD, 1235 GBPUSD, 1236 GBPUSD, 1234 NZDUSD...

Hope it helps.

Interesting EA (Universal MA Cross v8 EA), could someone please add an RVI & RSI filter to it?

Also how about breakeven points: BreakEvenAt=50; // Set breakeven at a pip amount.

BreakEvenSlide=5; // Move the breakeven point above or down after breakeven.

Dear Firedave

Thanks a lot for your wonderful ea.

Could you please advise me how to set parameter so the ea only exit the trade when ema crossed. I prefer to enter the trade manually and I need ea that can exit the trade when ema crossed. Your advice will be very helpful.

hermanto:
Could you please advise me how to set parameter so the ea only exit the trade when ema crossed. I prefer to enter the trade manually and I need ea that can exit the trade when ema crossed.

set ExitOnCross=True

on Common tab check Allow live trading and also check Ask manual confirmation

This way EA exits trades, but asks confirmation for entering on cross

keramikus:
set ExitOnCross=True

Thanks a lot !!!

keramikus:
set ExitOnCross=True

thank you keramikus. but it don't work.

the confirmation window come first. and the trade was not exit.

something wrong with my setting ?

If that doesn`t work, I cant think of another solution, sorry.

Reason: