Universal MA Cross EA - page 27

danu:
why when there is a crossing in buy the ea gives an opinion in sell it is never in the good direction

Maybe you have "reverse condition" on.

Files:

wow

can you post your settings to get this result please. Was it a test of the EA and if so is it possible to get these results on a live account

Thanks

Vegas

fxnewbie:
Maybe you have "reverse condition" on.

Vegas:
can you post your settings to get this result please. Was it a test of the EA and if so is it possible to get these results on a live account

Thanks

Vegas

I am not really happy with this backtest, it was a fast search and modelling quality is not good. Anyway, please test with better modelling quality. Hope you find helpful.

Regards,

Files:
u_ma.htm  116 kb

anyone making any $' off this?

SIDDESH:
Hi, firedave.

I like your EA. Great work.

I manualy use the position of the 10 and 24 EMA cross along with the Pivot lines to place the orders.

Based on the observation that the prices frequently wander around pivot line,

I place

- buy / sell orders whenever the cross occurs between S1 and R1 lines,

- only buy order between S1 and S2 ,

- only sell order between R1 and R2 lines and

- no orders any where else.

I have got very impressive results ( not even a single loss) with this method in my live and demo account. SL 150 and TP at 18.

My request is, can you please incorporate this trading restriction into your latest EA. I have attached the reqiured indicator.

I hope you will kindly respond and make this modification in the EA.

Thanks,

SIDDESH

Hi Siddesh,

What is you exit strategy for this method? Which timeframe are you using?

Cheers,

Daniel

Pure Parabolic SAR

Dave: Will the EA "see" the Parabolic settings used on the chart?

Regards, Glenn

winsteadglenn:
Dave: Will the EA "see" the Parabolic settings used on the chart? Regards, Glenn

PureSAR setting got nothing to do with Parabolic SAR indicator. This setting is to make the EA working on Stop and Reverse strategy, mean buy on MA cross up and only close and reverse the trade to sell on next MA cross down, vice versa. Hope this help

Atr ?

this maybe alot to ask i just started messing with mt4.

This is a great tool I love how you made everything in it so easy to change and so versatile.

One thing i could use tho is some atr based things IE.

stop nxATR

trailing stop nxATR

Take profit nxATR

also something strange an option to buy/sell on every bar in which the cross is good with the same max amout of trades open you choose.

Like if fast is above slow buy once per bar and vice versa..

It Looks Good Trend System

I WILL FORWARD TEST IT THIS MONTH

Hi,

Isn't there an erro in the code about Pivot filter? When true, I think it is buying between S1 and S2 and selling between R1 and R2, but it should be buying between R1 and R2 and selling between S1 and S2 instead.

Also According to was was written previously, we can take the crosses between S1 and R1 and so we should have buying if greater than S1 and selling if smaller than R1.

Cheers,

Daniel

Reason: