Cross! - page 18

I figured it out

knewday:
Can someone please help me add the following to this indicator;

1) right now there is an arrow I want to add a sound alert and pop up along with that arrow

2) I need the sound alert to only happen 1 time on each cross (as soon as the arrow apears)

3) I need the pop up alert to say;

a) for up trend - "buy + symbol"

a) for down trend - "sell + symbol"

Thank you,

your efforts are very much apreciated.

the indicator and code is at this link

https://c.mql5.com/forextsd/forum/52/_3_ma_cross_w_alert_v2.mq4

I figured it out. Many thanks to all who tried to help.

Great forum

indicator needed

Dear friends:

i want a indicator which can show the cross of two ema, in this forum, there are many ema cross indicator, they all show the arrow in the main chart window.

i need a indicator show different color in the sub windows when the ema cross each other.

regards.

Your sincerely

Can someone answer if what I am trying to accomplish in the post above possible in MT4? Additional hints are highly appreciated as well.

Thanks,

CMEHH

Finding the Distance Between Moving Average Lines

Hello Everyone,

I have been programming using MQL4 for the past 3 months. Recently, I got into a situation where I needed to find the distance between 3 exponential moving average(EMA) lines. I wanted the indicator I was working on to display a thumbs up icon on the chart if the distance between the 3 EMAs was within a certain threshold e.g. display a thumbs up when the distance is 5 units or at any user defined distance.

I do not have a picture to illustrate what I mean, but I hope that someone out there can figure out this and show me how to code this.

this might give you ideas.

Files:

Price lines drawing indicator

newdigital:
Try this (links below). It is only we have.

MADistance is on

- this post: good indicator by Hiachiever writing the distance between MA and price on the chart. The settings are adjustable.

- And same indicator with alert is on this post.

- Latest version with audio and or pop-alert is on this post.

Newdigital,

Is there any indicator which can draw lines on the chart if we input price?

It is needed to:

1. Draw a line for the target price or draw your own trading zones by drawing various price points. The lines should be drawn for daily chart. So there should be option for drawing short and continuous lines.

2, The lines should be drawn all the way so that we can find how many times the price has been breached previously going back in all the historical data.

Just to see whether the price has been a strong resistance or support point.

Kindly provide link for suitable indicator(s).

I think the indicator made by yangelong "my a simple draw level line indicator!" can do the job if it can accept the input of numbers other than whole numbers. It doesn't accept decimals, so presently I am using this tool for Yen only. He probably had Yen only in his mind when devising this indicator. If it accepts decimals then it can do both the jobs effectively.

Option to select short and continuous lines could be there as well.

Thank you.

First thing - I saw many times.

And second ... i did not see ...

It can me maksigen indicator where we have the settings of trendlines/support/resistance (how many bars for example) ... o it can be anything ...

But

...The lines should be drawn all the way so that we can find how many times the price has been breached previously going back in all the historical data ...

so ... it is channel indicator only.

I think that first thing you will find but for channel indicators you can go here:

https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/173261

https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/172920

May be some other indicators and I do not know - so sorry.

The Indi

Sorry I forgot the indicator. Thanks.

Files:
ma_wma.mq4  2 kb
ma-bb-x.mq4  3 kb

Interesting BB-MA Cross (maybe a good system)

I tried to find a good cross (maybe even before or after a cross) and I found one, I made it myself. It's good for 15M - 4H Timeframe. And a minimum of 10 pips target for each entry or other exit strategy. Enjoy.

Files:
vfd25x.gif  54 kb
Reason: