Backtesting/Optimization - page 52

Spreads by Expert Advisors

Hello,

I have backtesting many Expert Advisors and don't know how high is the Spread by Order.

Can I show how high the Spread is, when the Expert Advisor make a open/close Order?

Or considered a Expert Advisor by Backtesting no Spreads???

Know that one here???

Thanks!

Errors by Backtesting with ExpertAdvisors

Hello,

I have become a Error-Message of the Your_Lucky EA.

By many other ExpertAdvisors it will start, but by the end I can see no results.

Have one here a reason, or better too a answer of this Error-message

(see attached picture).

It will load the for functionable needed Indicator, and removed the indicator

directly..... and then repeat from the top...

Thanks for your Answers

Watch here the attached file=

The Rock

Files:
c776677d.jpg  103 kb

indicator that hide selected part of the chart for better back testing?

hello,,

i need an indicator that hide part of the chart i can select and it do that every day ,,

so it be like that:

like form 10pm to 5am is black and it only show the period i select ....

i already searched the forum but didn't find any thing like that ,,

any one have something similar?

MQL EA quantity limits for condition tests

Wow sorry - do not know how my post ended up on this thread.

Tried using the search function - so if this has been discussed already please just point me in the right direction.

Is there a limit to how many conditions may be tested on the current bar in an EA?

If no limit then does anyone have any practical experience with bogging down a system when using high number of conditions on every timeframe and every pair?

I use a quad core w/ 6Gig ram but my project may be too large so any help would be welcome for info on what limits exist, in the MQL or practical.

Thx

Wow sorry - do not know how my post ended up on this thread.

MQL EA quantity limits for condition tests

Tried using the search function - so if this has been discussed already please just point me in the right direction.

Is there a limit to how many conditions may be tested on the current bar in an EA?

If no limit then does anyone have any practical experience with bogging down a system when using high number of conditions on every timeframe and every pair?

I use a quad core w/ 6Gig ram but my project may be too large so any help would be welcome for info on what limits exist, in the MQL or practical.

Thx

I blew up the Backtest Engine

Ok

It's has never happen before lol. But I did a backtest with 1 standard

lot and the backtest engine could not handle profit over 100 millions.

Is there any way to test above these numbers.

Or is the only solution to lower lot size to 0.01 and see how far I can

go with that. I doubt these are real profits as backtest is not worth

much. But interesting as I never managed to belw MT backtest engine

before.

Daniel

0.01 didn't help. Pretty much blew it after 4 years test anyway.

So is there a way to make it work above 100 million in profit..?

Daniel

?????????

Whats your system PAL!!!!!! i havent had that problem yet.thanks

Strategy tester doesnt work

Does anyone have a problem with new version mt4. From Monday 9. tester shows me wrong results?

One week befor everything was OK, but now everythig is wrong.

If I compare the results for last week there are totaly diffrent with tester than

with my real account. At Thursday results were the same.

I run EA in live account. Now I need to fix some problems

but cannot test it, because results are diffrent.

newdigital:
During backtesting we may have the several cases:

- For example, some EA is testing very good, perfectly well: it does not mean anything for me because code of EA may be adapted by programmer to be tested perfectly well.

- if the EA is showing very bad results during the backtesting I will look on the original idea trying to improve something in original idea.

- if the EA is testing but sometimes good and sometimes bad (just for example: good testing during the October data, and bad during the September, good for August etc) this EA is very interesting for me. Because I understand that it is impossible to have the stable good results forever (because market is changing and everything is changing but we are using the same indicators and the same EAs and is not changing anything).

this EA good for mac 09 but not good some month...hope u can help to improve it...

Files:
Reason: